History Of This Great Site

Started by car54, January 26, 2012, 08:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

I was working on the recipe site and came across  nsxbill's name. I believe he was the first  who brought up the idea of temperature controllers for the Bradley. He even talked Shotgun Fred of The BBQ Guru to develop the Raptor so his temperature controllers could control electric smokers.

3rensho
I was trying to recall who was the first to build a PID, and I believe it was you. Am I correct on this? 

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

3rensho

Good question.  I have no idea actually.  Built mine quite a while back though.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

car54

Hab,

I know I was not the 1st to build a PID but i was one of the very early ones along with putting a 2nd heating element in. I do remember some one working with BBQ Guru. Who started the circulation fan?  I also have it installed.

Wasn't arc n spark very inolved with helping people build PID's?

car54

Wildcat

I remember all of talk about building a PID. I am electronically challenged and wanted one. Pat offered to build one for me and it is still going strong.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

deb415611

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 26, 2012, 08:37:51 PM
And lets not forget members who have fallen below the radar due to lifes happenings.

Please feel free to add cuz i been having to many DOS XX  :o

Carolyn

Carolyn's good just busy.  I'll get her to pop in !

Tenpoint5

No wonder there is 5 pages of unread posts when you get on after a day or two. The stats say there was roughly 10,500 new members in 2011!! I think we got them all in the last two months of the year
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Habanero Smoker

Olds is the one that came up with and developed the fan. He did a few experiments to find the right motor and blade size.

I forgot you where one of the earlier ones to add the second element and PID.

Good Ole Bill, know there should be earlier post on the Raptor Guru. It should date back to around 2005.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Jimbo

Lots of good members and memories on this site.

Toker

Who would have thought 4 years ago when i came for the first time, that i would end up with a tattoo with my user name on it? This is the best tribute to this forum ;D ;D

Caribou

Quote from: deb415611 on January 28, 2012, 06:05:52 AM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 26, 2012, 08:37:51 PM
And lets not forget members who have fallen below the radar due to lifes happenings.

Please feel free to add cuz i been having to many DOS XX  :o

Carolyn

Carolyn's good just busy.  I'll get her to pop in !
Thanks Deb :)
Yes, I'm still here and I still love this Forum very much :)
I'll get posting again!
Carolyn

SnellySmokesEm

Very interesting!  I am a newbie myself and have heard of a few of the pioneers.  I love smoking, posting about it and reading all your comments.  This site has been a huge help to me and I owe all of you a huge thanks because without your guys I wouldnt know half as much as I do now.  Thanks again!
Great People and Great Information!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

Oldman

Hey hey All,

I originally joined this site on March 8th, 2004. In the beginning there was only Chez who stood for this site. He told me that Bradley at that time had no interest in it and he (Chez) had to convince Bradley that this was a viable site. He was a moderator with limited powers. Nevertheless, Chez did a great job.

In those early years Chez and I became friends often talking on the phone. One of the items that "ticked" us off was recipes that just disappeared from the site. Thus we created the Recipe Site. It was created with the help of several members. When we launched the site ,collectively, we had many thousands of hours into it. As long as I'm alive the recipe site will always be here.

Today I don't post very often. I just don't have the time plus I see that the "new blood" has now picked up the banner. I believe without a doubt that one of the greatest members of this site is Hab. He now has taken the recipe site to a level that was and is beyond our original design. I trust him to the point that he has access to a section of my secured server.  Plus he updates the complete site for a desktop download every year -- believe me that is no small feat on his part. I know as I set up the first download.

To all here and to those now gone I wish you all the best. Smoke-on and keep sharing.

Raye Minor
AKA "Olds"

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Quarlow

Thanks Raye. You and habs are definatly legends here. We appreciate what you have done for us with this forum and with your recipe site. This is a great forum for sure. Good to see you on here too. How are you doing?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.