• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Muebe Chicken Nuggets

Started by DTAggie, January 30, 2012, 01:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTAggie

Did up 5 lbs of Muebe chicken nuggets.  Used 1 tsp each of Cayene and Chipotle pepper, but no heat to these things.  Sure are tasty though!

5 lbs after marinating over night

2 of the 3 racks ready to go

Used 2:40 of pecan.  Took about five and half hours to get completly done.  Look at that color.

mikecorn.1

Heck yeah. Those sure look good. Nice color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

OU812

Oh Heck Ya!

They look great, did you use white or dark meat, did they crust up on the out side?

DTAggie

Quote from: OU812 on January 30, 2012, 03:29:06 PM
Oh Heck Ya!

They look great, did you use white or dark meat, did they crust up on the out side?

White meat.  The soy vei sauce makes a nice crusty coating.  Had to pull the bad away from the son.  Think he ate two lbs in about 20 minutes.

squirtthecat

SouthernSmoked

Niiiiiiiiice! That is now on my list!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

OU812

Quote from: DTAggie on January 30, 2012, 03:53:24 PM
Quote from: OU812 on January 30, 2012, 03:29:06 PM
Oh Heck Ya!

White meat.  The soy vei sauce makes a nice crusty coating.  Had to pull the bad away from the son.  Think he ate two lbs in about 20 minutes.

White meat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sweet!

I'm so gonna do me up some chicken nugets.

DTAggie

Local natural food store had all white, 97% fat free chicken tenders on sale for $1.58/lb.  Wish I had bought more than 5 lbs.  These things rock!

mikecorn.1

Quote from: DTAggie on January 30, 2012, 06:54:07 PM
Local natural food store had all white, 97% fat free chicken tenders on sale for $1.58/lb.  Wish I had bought more than 5 lbs.  These things rock!
Where is the muebe nugget recipe at

Mike

DTAggie

Muebe can link the real thing but is one bottle Soy Vei Very Terryaki, Cure #1 and cayene pepper.  I used 1 tsp cayene and 1 tsp chipotle pepper and I taste no spice.  So going to have to kick it up more next time.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: DTAggie on January 30, 2012, 07:01:39 PM
Muebe can link the real thing but is one bottle Soy Vei Very Terryaki, Cure #1 and cayene pepper.  I used 1 tsp cayene and 1 tsp chipotle pepper and I taste no spice.  So going to have to kick it up more next time.
I'll PM HIM.

Mike

DTAggie

sorry for the quick reply Mike, had daughter hollering at me.  Dissolve 1 tsp of cure in 1/4 cup of water, mix in spice.  Mix with teriyaki and marinate.  Very easy recipe.  Muebe sprinkles red pepper flakes.  I need to try this to add some heat.

muebe

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on January 30, 2012, 07:09:09 PM
Quote from: DTAggie on January 30, 2012, 07:01:39 PM
I'll PM HIM.

Here is a link to the last batch I made...

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=22854.msg275661#msg275661
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

muebe

The chicken nuggets look fantastic! I am gonna have to try that.
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

KyNola