Hello from the UK

Started by dickinson6676, February 10, 2012, 10:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dickinson6676

Hello!

I'm from the UK but was fortunate to have experienced the joys of cooking on a Bradley Smoker, however, the buggers are hard to come by over here. Any other UK users who know where to get one for a decent amount? Having my own smoked meat is becoming a chronic necessity! help!

Love all the recipes and images you guys upload, keep it coming. Hopefully they can become as popular here as they are abroad  :D

Thanks,

Paul

Salmonsmoker

Paul,
Welcome to the forum. You have fellow smokers on your side of the pond that post here frequently. They should be able to hook you up.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

dickinson6676

Is it recognised in the UK then? For the life of me i've been trying to get all my friends involved but no one seems to sell them with all the stuff you need to begin with!!!!! Nightmare. Which areas of the forum would you recommend i visit first? Thanks for the warm welcome. First time i've ever said it and meant it, but I need to start smoking!  ;D

slowpoke

Welcome,Paul All the best with your ssearch.
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

Salmonsmoker

Yes. If my memory serves there's someone from Scotland, another on the Isle of Man, another in Switzerland.....

mikecorn.1

Lots of info here

FAQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

chilli Boy

Paul,

If you`re after a Bradley here are the uk stockist.

http://www.bradleysmoker.co.uk/stockists/

About £300 for the original

Tony ;D

Waltz

Hi Paul,
Welcome to the forum. These people are the UK agents: http://www.grakka.com/ . If you order parts they seem to come from them but the list of dealers chilli Boy sent should be able to sort you out with the smoker and consumables. You don't see many second hand or at reduced prices unfortunately.

Best of luck in your search.

pikeman_95

Welcome to the forum Paul.
My daughter and her family just recently moved to the UK. They are just getting settled but are finding the people are very friendly and laid back. They lived in Denver Colorado where life is just a rat race. They take their old yellow lab for long walks and every body stops to pet her. You folks sure like your dogs. They Live in Knaresburough for now until their house they are renting is available.

Kirby

dickinson6676

Thanks for the friendly invites! On my search for a smoker I found this: http://www.bbqbarbecues.co.uk/bradley-smoker-original-3438-500559 is this a good price for a starter set with everything? Help me out guys!

Cheers,

Paul

Salmonsmoker

Paul, I looked on Amazon and you can get a new OBS here for $250 USD, before shipping and tax. Converts to 350 GBP at the current rate of exchange. I don't know how much shipping costs from Can. to UK adds to the price of the unit. Perhaps manxman can help with that side of things.

viper125

Welcome! Smoking is truly universal!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

dickinson6676

Quote from: Salmonsmoker on February 18, 2012, 07:41:10 AM
Paul, I looked on Amazon and you can get a new OBS here for $250 USD, before shipping and tax. Converts to 350 GBP at the current rate of exchange. I don't know how much shipping costs from Can. to UK adds to the price of the unit. Perhaps manxman can help with that side of things.

That's only ever going to rape me for money with all shipping and tax. I'll find one that's already on UK soil. Thanks though!

Salmonsmoker

Paul, I realize that you'll be buying it there. I was giving you a cost comparison after you asked if your "find" was a good deal and it looks like it's in the ballpark, with the other goodies that's included. You'll be smoking soon, I can tell. ;D