2 days off...smoke's a rollin' brews a flowin'

Started by Consooger, March 13, 2012, 10:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consooger

After a looooooooong 10 day stretch at work it's time to spend time with my Bradley, and of course my fiance as well. My future mother in law has been talking about smoking a turkey breast since I got my new toy so I decided I'm smoking dinner. SO I went shopping......

4 racks of meaty beef ribs
10 lb brisket
8 lb pork but
5 lbs of jerky marinading for late tonight
1 5 lb pork belly on the meet and greet until next Monday

HAD to stop and pick up beverages for today

the view for me today, ahhhh FINALLY 70 degrees!!!!!

AND NOW THE VICTIMS!!!!!

just 2 racks of the ribs, (both split)
1 with mustard and molasses and Jan's Rub
1 with mustard and molasses and Billy Bones BBQ Rub
40 min ride of Hickory and then 2 hours of apple

after the ribs go through the hickory and a puck of apple I'm throwing in this 2.5 lb turkey breast on the remainder of the Apple train
cooking everything at 225, Turkey will go til 160 IT and then pull wrap in foil and let sit. I will then throw in oven to crisp the skin.

AFTER dinner I have 5 lbs of a NEW MIX of jerky I made up, if it ends up sucking there will be no pics, if there are pics I will post the recipe.

More pics and money shots to come later!

-Sugar

"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Mr Walleye

Consooger

I am so jelous sitting here at work!  :D

Looks like a great day!  ;)

But..... I have to ask??
Did you sign your post "Sugar" ? ;D
Is there something your not telling us?  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Consooger

HAHAHA not really, my last name is Consugar (sounds just like it looks) but my nickname everywhere I have gone has either been Sugar or Consooger so I just go by Sugar.
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

SouthernSmoked

Ten Days??

Time to get you butt to work. ::)

I'm hungry!! 8)
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Consooger

here comes the breast and some ribs......

turkey almost finished and the ribs in foil

ribs on their last half hour, YUMMY! Money shot to come soon!!!!
               -My Wife

STLstyle

10 days off?  That's a smoke session...  I envy you dude.
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

Consooger

Quote from: STLstyle on March 13, 2012, 03:01:42 PM
10 days off?  That's a smoke session...  I envy you dude.

NO............I was on a 10 day stretch of straight 10 hour days, now I finally have a day off, well 2 if you consider tomorrow off before I o in tomorrow on night shift! I wish I had 10 straight days off!
               -My Wife

STLstyle

Sorry dude.  Read that one wrong, but I still have envy and live through you mid-week smokers!  Can't wait til Friday...
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod

SiFumar

All looks great!  You're going to love those beef ribs!

Mr Walleye

I'm droolin'!  :P

Lookin' good "Sugar"!  ;D   I always wanted to say that but I was always scared I'd get slapped!  :)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Consooger

AND here are the money shots PLUS jerky before smoke

This turkey was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! SO moist and juicy and the skin cooked perfect in the over (350 at 45 mins)
I however wasn't a fan of the beef ribs, more fat than meat but holy crap were they amazing, such flavor!

AND...........5 lbs of (if it sucks it chucks, if it's awesome I post and eat the SH!T out of it) jerky recipe

-Sugar
               -My Wife

Consooger

PLEASE NOTE, that Cabela's Jerky mix is NOT in this batch of jerky! That's in my 5 lbs of tomorrow morning jerky :-)
               -My Wife

mhiykmeel63

Sounds like my week last week? Im spendin this week near Pittsburgh PA.....musta been your smoker I was smellin today!

STLstyle

The beef ribs look amazing.  Got them on the list now for sure.  How do you know when to pull out those bad boys?
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod

mikecorn.1

Very nice smokes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike