country spareribs

Started by Harpo, February 04, 2006, 05:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harpo

Hello all, Its been awile since I have been here on the forum, I had a heart attack but now I think recovered. I am planning on smoking some country spare ribs, and chicken halves here in steeler country for the big game, I need to know if I should cook them in the oven for an hour like it says in the receipe book for bone in ribs. Also how long should I do them, I will be doing the chicken for about 4 1/2 hrs do you think this will be long enough for the country ribs to. My thanks in advance.
[8D] here we go steelers,

tsquared

Harpo--good to have you back. I think your cook time should be enough as long as the total weight is not too much in the smoker. NOt that good food is going to help your team at all, well, maybe as consolation. [:D]
Go Hawks!
T2

MWS

I'm with you Tom.....Go Seahawks..I used to take the CFOX Seahawk Bus from Vancouver down to the Kingdome back in the mid 80's to catch the games. It's been a long wait. The beer and chips are ready [:D]

Harpo - glad your doing well

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Harpo

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it soooooo much.
Just wanted to make sure things are all right.
How much better can it get. Chicken Ribs and one for the thumb.
Sorry to disapoint those who where gracious enough to respond.
Glad to be back and talk to you soon. I will let you know how they all turn out.
Again my Thanks
Harpo[:D]

Harpo

Well we did get one for the thumb!!!!!

I cooked the ribs as stated in the book for baby bak ribs, I dooked them at 300 and into the smoker, the chicken on the other hand I did not, started smoking at 9:45 am until 4:30 pm so we could eat before the big game. The country ribs where great, the chicken was still bloody at the joints, so back in the smoker until half time and that was a great snack. wind chill outside was 13 so I think when I cook like that again and its cold I will pre-cook for 1 hr to help get them started. also smoker was quite full, 6 chicken halves, 1 & 3/4 lbs each and 12 nice size country ribs, all racks where full.
Harpo