nuggets

Started by hybridcx, March 20, 2012, 07:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hybridcx

after all the rave i decided to try some nuggets and see how they were, and they were very good.

trimmed up and soaking

locked and loaded

all ready to go

if anything I over did them a little bit my first time on the nuggets so wasnt sure exactly when to call em. did on re-glazing at 6 hr mark. will do again

fishrman

They look great!  I did my first nuggets last weekend and think it will be difficult to judge when a batch is perfectly done as there are a lot of variables - nugget size and how often they are rotated seeming to be the major ones to me.  Guess we'll just have to keep doing it until we achieve perfection.  And of course have to suffer consuming all of the experiments along the way ::)!

muebe

Because they vary in size not all will be done at exactly the same time. I go by feel and look of the nugget. Of course taste testing every them every 30 to 45 minutes may be optional to achieve perfection ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

ghost9mm

Well they sure look great, nice job on then nuggets...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

slowpoke

Looks like BARK on them beauties,Nice Very Nice.
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

josbocc

Hybrid,

Nice work!  They look great, and you should have some new friends unless you've figured out a way to hide those goodies.  Reminds me that I have to get to Sam's Club and price a couple of whole sirloins  ;D

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

mikecorn.1

Nice job on them nuggets
Mike

Keymaster

hybridcx

thanks they made it about a week if that... bigger batch next time...

mikecorn.1

Quote from: hybridcx on March 28, 2012, 07:33:58 PM
thanks they made it about a week if that... bigger batch next time...
How did you store them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

4given

Those look great! What cut of meat did you use?
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Green Mountain Grill "Daniel Boone" Pellet Grill
Webber "Q" 100

hybridcx

i used cubed meat, or stew meat.

i stored both in fridge and counter top... for some reason at times i like my jerky cold when eating it... the wife not so much. it lasted only a week in the sense that we ate it all up. it didn't go bad.

4given

Quote from: hybridcx on March 29, 2012, 09:41:28 PM
i used cubed meat, or stew meat.

i stored both in fridge and counter top... for some reason at times i like my jerky cold when eating it... the wife not so much. it lasted only a week in the sense that we ate it all up. it didn't go bad.

So it wan't tough?
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Green Mountain Grill "Daniel Boone" Pellet Grill
Webber "Q" 100

hybridcx

no not for me. but i guess i like jerky on the tough side rather than the soft.....

watchdog56

I made some last week and they were great. I think after sitting a few days on the counter they got better. Everyone loved  them. Made one batch regular and one batch sprinkled some red pepper on. Good stuff.