Previous topic - Next topic

icerat4

Hey
which is the best to smoke and why

1.country ribs

2.st.louis ribs.

3rib briskit

4spare ribs.

what are the differences here with these and any other kind of ribs.And which are the easiest to work with.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

country ribs or bonless ribs are just sliced pork butt,[:(] i love spare ribs more meat [;)]

CLAREGO

4. Spares are the best for smoking and has the extra meat<font size="6"></font id="size6">

manxman

I agree, spare ribs are the best IMO. [:p]

Manxman.
Manxman

BigSmoker

Any and all gets my vote[:p][:p][:p]

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Phone Guy

I don't see babby backs on your list but I prefer them.[:p]

iceman

Love those baby backs! Especially the ones the butcher cuts for me with extra meat on the outside.
I never met a good baby back that made it back to the fridge![:p]

IKnowWood

Baby Backs are my fav....   I have had Spare Ribs at some BBQ joints and I like them.  Yes, they have more meat but I like the crunchy, barky, woodsy baby backs.  Yum.  smoked some this weekend and they were GREAT.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

MallardWacker

Loin backs and St Louis.  You might do a search with Big Smoker and St louis in it.  Never could do St. Louis before he showed me how.  Not as good as loin backs but almost.  Big Smoker has this number.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

owrstrich

you guys are killing me...

had to do it...

28 lbs of spares with bigsmokers dizzypigswampvenom with a little extra onion...

gonna feed the hotel staff at high noon tomorrow...

i have no idea what happened to the this photo... perhaps i should have left off the mushrooms on the crustless pizza...

[

my eyes were bigger than the racks... i had not done spares before... baby backs fit a lot better... anyway only got 19 pounds in... 1 slab per rack on all 4 racks... had to bend them to get them in... no room for bacon...

dang... i cant get the final product photo to load... anyway i smoked 4 hrs of hickory... total of 11 hours at 200 approx (starting with nonpreheated smoker)... to 190 internal... only 1 hour of ftc with apple cider before slicing up for the hotel staff...

steaming hot when sliced... wish would have started earlier for longer ftc but thats the way the bud burns... small ends were fall off bone and big end was tug of the bone... dang tasty stuff...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

icerat4

GrillinFool

Owrstrich i love that setup. Thanks for posting a pic of it!

The Grillin Fool

MWS

Imagine booking into that hotel room after Owrstrich has checked out....[:D]

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

jaeger

Nobody smokes better Spareribs in their motel room then Owrstrich!!!

he also hold that distiction for:

Beef Brisket

Pulled Pork Butt

Chacheebs

Atomic Buffalo Turds

in fact, the hotel staff doesn't even bother asking if he prefers a smoking or non smoking room anymore!!!

[:D][8D][:D]

<font size="2"><b>Doug</b></font id="size2">

icerat4

I just ordered the dizzy dust and the venom dust will give that a try.