• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First Attempt at Brisket

Started by Smoker John, May 13, 2012, 08:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoker John

I've wanted to try one ever since I got my smoker. Lathered it with mustard & worchestshire then added my rub ingredients: seasoning salt, brown sugar, ground pepper, chili flakes, chili powder (I like a little heat ;) )and garlic salt.
Getting ready for the massage, this is half of the brisket I bought about 6 1/2 pounds.

All rubbed & ready for smoke, used hickory & a couple of cherry's for 4 hours at an average temp of about 220 (didn't have quite enough hickory) The flavour was great.

I had the stall at 158 for about 3 hours, took it out at an IT of 200 & let it rest before slicing. One thing I did notice about 5 hours into the smoke the oven temp started dropping by 1 or 2 degrees every few minutes. Thought maybe it was a bad element? temp swing? At 185 I unplugged it & plugged it back in & it seemed to work fine after that I'll see if does it again on the next long smoke, anyway sorry for the long post.
Rewarded after 13 hours, tasted amazing.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

KyNola

ghost9mm

WOW !!! that looks good and juicy, it looks real good...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

The542

BDS4 w/ cold smoke adapter
Auber dual probe PID
TBE
Weber Genesis E-330

dman4505

Nice looking brisket, Congrats

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Consooger

Popped his cherry! You are now hooked for life!!!!!
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

SouthernSmoked

Yummmieeee!  That really looks good!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Smoker John

Thanks for the comments, I'll definitely be smoking brisket often.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

beefmann

congrats on the brisket....  looks great

DTAggie

Terrific looking brisket for first try

Tenpoint5

John I am going to guess that you have a Digital Bradley. Did we have a "Blond Moment"? sounds like we forgot to set or reset the smoker time. Done that myself once or twice ::)
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoker John

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 15, 2012, 08:01:23 AM
John I am going to guess that you have a Digital Bradley. Did we have a "Blond Moment"? sounds like we forgot to set or reset the smoker time. Done that myself once or twice ::)
LOL you may right on that one Tenpoint5 I do have a Digital, I was probably fixated on the temp of the oven that I didn't notice the oven time :o
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

destrouk

looks great mate im going to try this in 2 weeks will post up also !

Pachanga

SJ,

Righteous looking brisket.  Nice bark and looks moist.  I pull most of mine between 190 and 195 in the first third of the flat.  Some come out at 185. 

That said, a brisket is ready when it's ready.

The Cook is always the final judge of how he likes it so it looks perfect to me.

The Bradley makes one fine brisket that you can put up to any other made.

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga