• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

cheesy mess

Started by boxertrio, March 05, 2006, 02:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boxertrio

30 chicken rolls...10 cheddar...10 provalone...10 feta...man what a mess! the bowl overflowed and there was cheese everywhere [:(].  My bulb got coated in cheese.  When I tried to use the next day I couldn't get temps above 200.  Is it time for a new heating element[?]

Glenn

White smoke good...Black smoke bad!!
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

iceman

Sounds like a scraper job and a new element is the quickest way out of that mess. Did the rolls turn out boxer?

owrstrich

sounds like my first go at checken bacen rolls...

now you know what i mean by hopeing for good cheeze karma...

i had a bad element... it had no glow... the smoker would go about 200 empty and about 140 half full on a 80 degree day on just the puck burner... and wouldnt go anywhere with puck burner off and/or smoker plugged directly into the wall...

i think the light by the slider glows more intensly as the element glows more intensly as the slider is moved right...

id take a look for the glow... it need to fairly dark in the smoker to see it...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Oldman

When you do the rolls the seam must be facing upwards. The ends need to be pulled towards each other. I use a tooth picks and string to pull the ends towards each other. This creates a "boat".

EDIT: 30 rolls at one time is a lot of moisture. More than the our current blow can handle. If you do another 30 at one time I would suggest getting a big pan as tall as the bowl but one that covers the whole bottom.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

Something similar happened to me, but not with cheese. I took the bulb out and cleaned it with oven cleaner.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

boxertrio

well, no glow on the bulb....it's black and crusty, I'll try to clean it before replacing it. I had bad "cheeze karma". Olds....next time I will use a big pan to hold all the moistier, thanks for the tip.  By the way, the rolls turned out great, 25 people and not a roll left.[:D]

Glenn

White smoke good...Black smoke bad!!
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

tsquared

It's enough to cheese you off.
T2 (Don't you just love the sympathy, Boxer?)

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boxertrio</i>
<br />.....I had bad "cheeze karma".....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thats what the mouse said when he heard the "SNAP".

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...