Beef Rules

Started by bayfisherman, March 08, 2006, 07:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayfisherman

Hey all,

Smoked some two ribeye roasts this weekend. Cooked it til it just about fell apart(about 6 hours at 200-220) with Mesquite. It rocked! Put just a little red pepper and vinegar on it. Great!

Mike

iceman

Sounds good there Mike. Was the meat still nice and juicy? I've lightly smoked prime rib roasts then finished them off on the rotisserie but I pulled them when they were still rare inside. (I like my prime rib red inside). I was curious to see how tender and juicy it was when you cooked it that long.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bayfisherman</i>
<br />Hey all,

Smoked some two ribeye roasts this weekend. Cooked it til it just about fell apart(about 6 hours at 200-220) with Mesquite. It rocked! Put just a little red pepper and vinegar on it. Great!

Mike
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

bayfisherman

It was tender but I too like my beef rare(very). I cooked this with the intention of making beef bbq with the meat. I ate some before I put the sauce on it and it was not overly done.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by iceman</i>
<br />Sounds good there Mike. Was the meat still nice and juicy? I've lightly smoked prime rib roasts then finished them off on the rotisserie but I pulled them when they were still rare inside. (I like my prime rib red inside). I was curious to see how tender and juicy it was when you cooked it that long.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bayfisherman</i>
<br />Hey all,

Mike

iceman

The beef BBQ sounds good. I think I'll have to try that in a couple of weeks when we have company over. I'm getting tired of pork and poultry along about now.
While I'm thinking about it, since your back close to crab territory do you have any leads on good lump crab meat for crab cakes? The few places in Anchorage have disappointed me. I don't want to mail order it unless someone has a recommendation. I'd hate to use up my king and dungeness crab for making cakes.[:(]

IKnowWood

That Beef BBQ does sound good.  Howd you do it.  What internal temp.  When it was done was it shreadable or did you just cut it up.  

I have has soem shredded beef mixed with Mexi-BBQ style, called Barbacoa.  Its a spicy BBQ mix that is common in Mexican dishes.  It is sometimes placed simply on hot oil heat corn tortillas with some of the spicy sauce on it.   or wrapped and flash fried to crisp the corn tortilla.  Or layered in a Burrito.  

I would like to get a good Beef BBQ approach that works for this.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes