• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Beef Roast @ 162.... Good enough?

Started by johndgraham, July 17, 2012, 03:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johndgraham

Everything I read is 140'ish for med-rare roast beef, then if you go up to the 180 area you're talking pulled beef.... Well I'm sitting at 160... It appears to be a tweener temp.... should I just wait until I hit the pulled beef temps?

What would you do?

Tenpoint5

What do you want to do with it?

You have passed the sliced for rare sandwiches. If you want to have it sliced for supper pull it now and FTC for 1/2 hour to an hour then slice and serve. Or carry it up to 190ish then check with a fork to see if it will start to shred. Keep checking every 1/2 hour till it does then FTC for a few hours then shred.

That's a best guess for not knowing what you wanted to do in the first place.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

johndgraham

Original plan was pull in the 140 range... but that's come and gone.... so I'm going to take it up to the 190 range and see what I get.    So I'll take it up to 190... I'm gonna up the temp a bit was at 200, I've set it at 230.   Always an adventure.

Tenpoint5

You can't hurt it it's already dead
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

TedEbear

Quote from: johndgraham on July 17, 2012, 03:47:03 PM
Everything I read is 140'ish for med-rare roast beef, then if you go up to the 180 area you're talking pulled beef.... Well I'm sitting at 160... It appears to be a tweener temp.... should I just wait until I hit the pulled beef temps?

What would you do?

What would I do?  I like my meat well done, so 160*F would be perfect.