2nd Annual Smoker Party

Started by richardvoyageur, July 29, 2012, 10:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardvoyageur

My newly modified smoker needed to be put through its paces and I had a perfect opportunity with our 2nd annual smoker party at a friend's house.  I really rocked the ribs there last year so I wanted to keep it rolling.  I recently added new feet, new faceplate (cracked the other one), 2nd element with switch on the front and of course my homemade single probe PID in an old power supply case  :).

Anyway, the ribs ended up being really killer (if done a bit earlier than I'm used to due to the extra heat!).  All 8 racks were hit with Jan's Rub 12 hours prior to smoking and I went with a hickory/apple blend.  Here you go guys, what do you think?

Just before foiling:

Done with foil, hitting it with some sauce for final 20 minutes (they were already really well cooked due to 2nd element

I believe this is the Vermont Pig Candy going on these two

They were really quite done as you can tell by the bones.  I basically did a 3-2-0.15 as they were really quite done  ;D  Next time I'll cut down the crutch to 1 or 1.5 hours I think.

They were incredibly juicy and had a great bark on them.  3 racks of Sweet Baby Rays, 3 racks of Apple Butter and 2 racks of Vermont Pig Candy with real maple syrup.

Sell the sizzle and the steak

BeagleLady58

Quote from: richardvoyageur on July 29, 2012, 10:32:56 AM
My newly modified smoker needed to be put through its paces and I had a perfect opportunity with our 2nd annual smoker party at a friend's house.  I really rocked the ribs there last year so I wanted to keep it rolling.  I recently added new feet, new faceplate (cracked the other one), 2nd element with switch on the front and of course my homemade single probe PID in an old power supply case  :).

Anyway, the ribs ended up being really killer (if done a bit earlier than I'm used to due to the extra heat!).  All 8 racks were hit with Jan's Rub 12 hours prior to smoking and I went with a hickory/apple blend.  Here you go guys, what do you think?

Just before foiling:

Done with foil, hitting it with some sauce for final 20 minutes (they were already really well cooked due to 2nd element

I believe this is the Vermont Pig Candy going on these two

They were really quite done as you can tell by the bones.  I basically did a 3-2-0.15 as they were really quite done  ;D  Next time I'll cut down the crutch to 1 or 1.5 hours I think.

They were incredibly juicy and had a great bark on them.  3 racks of Sweet Baby Rays, 3 racks of Apple Butter and 2 racks of Vermont Pig Candy with real maple syrup.

Those look AWESOME!!! I am trying my first ribs today as I just got my Bradley yesterday. I am sure they wont look like your but I will keep trying!! :)

Up In Smoke

What do i think? I think i am coming to your house!
Great looking ribs!!!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

mikecorn.1

Man, I'll take a whole rack ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Phatman

Awesome looking, I think I'm getting the munchies.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

sparky1

those look really good.  nice bark to them.  well done partner.   ;)
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

OU812

OK,,,,,,,,,,,,Now I'm REALLY hungry

richardvoyageur

Thanks guys, they really were good  ;D

Sell the sizzle and the steak

Sam3

SNIPERS215

The only way that gets any better looking is if there was an icy mug of BEER and a hot blonde in a bikini handing me a plate full of those ribs !!   8)
YOUR BIGGEST ADVERSARY... HIDES IN THE MIRROR

Tenpoint5

I am thinking it is Canadian Smoke Out time at your house!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!