• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First timer

Started by Lil Smokey, August 25, 2012, 05:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Smokey

Also, What rub do you guys recommend??  I went to Gander Mountain yesterday looking and they didn't have much of anything to choose from. 

TedEbear

Quote from: Lil Smokey on August 27, 2012, 09:38:13 AM
Also, What rub do you guys recommend??

A popular one around here is Jan's Dry Rub.  Some people say it can make a brick taste good.   :)

There's also a recipe for Jan's Spicy Dry Rub, if you like your ribs to bite back.   ;)

SiFumar

Welcome!  Remember we like pictures!  Jan's Rub is outstanding on pork and chicken.(haven't tried on beef yet)

Lil Smokey

Can I get this Jan's rub at Wal Mart or where would I find it?

KyNola

You can't buy it.  You make it.  TedEBear provided you with a link to the recipe(s).  Know how I know?  Because Jan is my wife and we developed the Rub for the folks on the forum. :)

CLAREGO

:o now thats a rub  8)

Smoker John

Welcome, have fun smoking those ribs
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Lil Smokey

Thanks for the help everyone!!  The ribs turned out great and everyone really enjoyed them!!

I did have a problem with the smoker that maybe you have experienced?  When I was warming up the smoker it stayed at about 150* and wouldn't go any higher..  I switched outlets and it took about 45 mins but it did get up to 225*-250*.  I didn't think it should have taken that long but I was happy I was finally there.  Then I put the ribs in and again, stayed at 150* (this is with the heat cranked as far as it will go now just trying to get some heat.. After 3 HOURS, I finally got up to 225*..  Thoughts??

I just used the oven after my smoking was done but I really don't think it should be working like this.  I talked to a friend of mine who is a big smoker and he said it should have taken maybe 10 mins to get up to 225*.  Just thought I would get everyone's input?