• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Really need help here.

Started by icerat4, April 03, 2006, 03:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icerat4

OK Maybe this post should be here.I went to sams club here in illinois and bought these leg of lamb ribs.There 8 bones on each and about a inch thick.How long will it take if i do 2 of these racks in the bs.So a total of 16 bones.8 bones to a rack correct and the internal temps should be 135 -140 is this correct.How long should this take at 190-200 inside the bs.I will be searing them as most recipes say to this this after the marinate.Any help out here in any way.Thanks the RAT ???

BigSmoker

Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

JJC

Hi Rat,

I would not sear them if you plan to smoke them--once the surface temp of the meat gets to about 140F, the smoke can no longer penetrate the meat and you're just flavoring the surface.  I've never made lamb ribs in the smoker, but if you want them to be rare then take the internal temp to 135-140F, but if you want them to be like babybacks, then I imagine you'd have to get the internal temp quite a bit higher.  Just a guess . . .
John
Newton MA

icerat4

Most recipes say to sear the meat before.I have done a rib roast after a sear and it was great.I think the majority here wins on this searing deal.