• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Not getting that Smoke-Ring on my meats?

Started by Smokin T, October 14, 2012, 01:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin T

Anybody have ideas why I'm not getting that nice red smoke ring on meats with bradley smoker? Going with my old woodburning sidecar smoker I'd get this beautiful red smoke ring on meat and pork...missing something?

Help!

Habanero Smoker

The below link give a short and quick answer to your question.

Why can't I get a smoke ring, while I'm smoking meat in the Bradley Smoker?
Click on the link in the article, and that will give you one way of producing a "smoke ring" in your Bradley. Also some have had success placing some lit charcoal in the smoker.

I have found even using a charcoal or wood burners is no guarantee of producing a "smoke ring". I have a BBQ Guru Onyx, and had it over a year, yet I rarely get a smoke ring. When I do get one it is a very light pink. I've tried different brands of lump coal and charcoal, and experimented with high moisture heat and dry heat, with very little success. Though it seems the more moisture, the better my results.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

rexster

I read somewhere several years ago if you put Morton's Tender Quick (about a teaspoon) in your rub then making sure it's thoroughly rubbed in the meat, you'll get a nice pink ring on your brisket
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: rexster on October 14, 2012, 09:57:49 AM
I read somewhere several years ago if you put Morton's Tender Quick (about a teaspoon) in your rub then making sure it's thoroughly rubbed in the meat, you'll get a nice pink ring on your brisket

Yes! That is one of the ways to produce an artificial pink ring. That is why KCBS judges are instructed not to consider the "smoke ring" when judging the appearance of the meat.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)