What am I doing wrong?

Started by crapshooter, October 20, 2012, 07:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crapshooter

I guess I'm just too hard headed to understand how to set the auber dual probe.  Every single time I've smoked anything I've found that the bradley has shut down and have to reprogram it.  The meat always taste great but it's really a pain to come in and find it off and cooling down. Can anyone tell me how they set it to smoke a brisket? I usually try to cook at 225 but not sure that's good or not.  If someone can explain step by step I'll try again.

GusRobin

do you have (1) an OBS or digital Bradley? (2)single or dual PID
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

crapshooter

I have the OBS with a dual probe auber. Appreciate any help I can get.

TedEbear

crapshooter

I guess I should just give up on using an auber. 

mikecorn.1

Can you clarify? What do you mean the Bradley shuts down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

crapshooter

Saturday it was working fine, I leave for an hour or so and come back and it's stopped heating.  The temperature is like 40-50 degrees lower than when I left and interal temp has dropped way down.  It's done this everytime I've used it.  When I turn the auber off and try to reprogram it will heat up again but I know I'm not understanding how to set the auber. I've read the instructions some people have left but it's so confusing.  They need a setting the auber book for dummys.

Keymaster

You need gusrobins guide for setting up an auber. Someone make that a stucky.

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

crapshooter

That's what I tried to use this weekend when I smoked a brisket. But for example these instructions say......If you want the first cycle to end based on time, hit "set".  A "t01" will appear on the left side.....I've never been able to get a t01 to show up on mine.
Auber sent no instructions or disc so I just started out without a clue.

GusRobin

pm me your phone number and a good time to call tonight (tell me the time zone also, and  will be willing to call you and walk you through it.

mikecorn.1

I also used Gusrobins walk thru. Also have a printed copy for them brain fart moments when I forget something. Sometimes is best if you can have someone walk you thru it and take down notes.
Looks like you will be in good hands now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

crapshooter

I'll be leaving for a couple of days when I get off work...will send number and time to call when I get a chance in few days...thanks