• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

time

Started by smoke20, December 08, 2012, 07:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoke20

Hi all  need a little help about how long will it take to smoke 4 briskets at one time in a four rack around 13 lb each . :) thanks

beefmann

as a rule of thumb between 1 hr and 1 hr 1/2 for an estimate, also dont forget to rotate your racks top to bottom and front to back every 2 to 3 hours.. it is more important to cook by temp over time.. it is  done when it is done.

most take the briskets to 190 - 200 F good luck

KyNola

52 lbs is a BIG load for a Bradley.  Your heat recovery time is going to be really slow.  This will be a l-o-n-g smoke/cook.  To decrease the time, after the smoke period you could always transfer the briskets to your house oven set for low and slow, say around 225.

I only take my briskets to around 180-185 and slice thin against the grain.

GusRobin

With that much meat I would count on 20-26 hrs at 225# cooking time. Plan to be early. You can FTC them for a good 4 hours if you are done early and they should still be hot
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on December 08, 2012, 08:15:46 AM
52 lbs is a BIG load for a Bradley.  Your heat recovery time is going to be really slow.  This will be a l-o-n-g smoke/cook.  To decrease the time, after the smoke period you could always transfer the briskets to your house oven set for low and slow, say around 225.

I only take my briskets to around 180-185 and slice thin against the grain.

With that much meat. I would also recommend transferring them to the house oven after applying 4 hours of smoke.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Ka Honu

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 08, 2012, 08:46:38 AM
Quote from: KyNola on December 08, 2012, 08:15:46 AM...you could always transfer the briskets to your house oven set for low and slow, say around 225.
With that much meat. I would also recommend transferring them to the house oven after applying 4 hours of smoke.

What they said (although I might do five hours of smoke).  If your oven won't hold all four, transfer what you can and rack over a drip pan.

viper125

Yep what they say! Smoke and do in oven or you'll wait a long time.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.