• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Beef Roast

Started by DaveT261, January 12, 2013, 12:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveT261

I am doing a 2 1/2 lb roast this weekend and I am still on the learning curve on smoke times on the Bradley, it is so different than my OSS that I feel like a greenhorn.  Any suggestions on smoke time is greatly appreciated.   I will be pulling the roast.

I did chicken last week and smoked them for 1 hr 40 min and they came out fantastic, to be honest the Bradley blows away my other smoker for chicken. If I would have smoked them on my OSS for that amount of time it would have tasted like wood.   

I hate to keep asking everyone for help but a good cut of meat is a terrible thing to waste.....

Smoker John

No harm in asking for help, typically I smoke for approx half the estimated cooking time which can sometimes be a little tricky to gauge. Maybe 2-2:20 hours of smoke, others may chime in with their thoughts also. Certainly for large cuts of meat that can take 8-16 hours like brisket for example you wouldn't need to smoke for more than 4-5 hours.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

DaveT261

Thanks,I smoked longer than I should have I think, its foiled and back in the smoker.  Shooting for 180 IT and let rest in cooler for a couple hours when it comes off.  I smoked it for almost 4 hours, hope it dont taste like wood.

devo

I have done 4 hours of smoke before and I didn't mind it at all but that's me, I like lots of smoke. It should be just fine. Your 2 1/2 lb roast really should not take very long at all depending on your smoker temp.

DaveT261

I foiled at 160, took it off the smoker at 190, rested it for 2 hours in cooler.  It pulled fairly easily and it did not taste bad at all with 4 hours of smoke. I sauteed a sweet onion and portabello mushrooms and garlic and mixed it all together for pulled sandwiches.  From start to finish it was 10 hours.

devo

Sounds like you have yourself a really nice meal coming your way. Just remember It did not happen if you don't show pictures  :P :P