Pre-Purchase question - Bisquettes feed rate

Started by Austrian_Des, January 18, 2013, 05:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austrian_Des

Hi All,

I'm looking to buy one of these smokers and would like to understand a little about the running costs.

I live in Austria and can buy the smoker from Germany but so far haven't found any dealer closer than the UK for Bisquettes (any help on this would be great)

So given postage costs, I would appreciate it if anyone could advise on the Bisquettes / Hr feed rate or the time each Bisquette takes to go from new to finished! Then I can get an idea of how much the true running costs will be for a certain recipe  ;)

Thanks,

Des

mikecorn.1

A new puck advances every 20 minutes. So that would be 3/hr :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

Ketch22

beefmann

welcome o the forum.. 1 puck every 20 minutes.... typical smoke is 6 to 12 pucks  based on my  experances

Austrian_Des

Hi All,

Thanks for the info, that's great!

Cheers,

Des

bigjimak

Des,

I'm not up on shipping to Oz but they're available from Ebay stores and Amazon.  Ebay includes many sellers from around the globe, so you may find one more convenient to you.

Jim in Alaska

3rensho

Grüß Gott Des.  Ich kaufe in der Regel aus dem UK und lass die nach Deutschland schicken.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

TedEbear

Quote from: 3rensho on January 22, 2013, 03:25:58 AM
Grüß Gott Des.  Ich kaufe in der Regel aus dem UK und lass die nach Deutschland schicken.

If anyone else was wondering:

God bless Des. I usually buy from the UK and let the send to Germany.

Austrian_Des

Hi,

I have tracked down a German dealer who is just North of Munich.

I used http://www.bradleysmoker.de/stockists/dealers.php

He has stock of smokers and Bisquettes  8)

Thanks again to everyone!

Tenpoint5

Check out this place it is a little closer to you

Gourmet Innovations NZ & AU
Auckland, New Zealand
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Austrian_Des

Hi All,

I'm happy to believe that Y'all make a mean smokin' team but I gotta say you aint so hot on Geography  ;D

I live in AUSTRIA which is a small alpine country in Europe - The one with the mountains and Alps 'n all where the Sound of Music was set ...

AUSTRALIA is the big island way down South where the kangaroos and boomerangs are!

Hope that helps  8)

Des

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Austrian_Des on January 23, 2013, 07:42:04 AM
Hi All,

I'm happy to believe that Y'all make a mean smokin' team but I gotta say you aint so hot on Geography  ;D

I live in AUSTRIA which is a small alpine country in Europe - The one with the mountains and Alps 'n all where the Sound of Music was set ...

AUSTRALIA is the big island way down South where the kangaroos and boomerangs are!

Hope that helps  8)

Des

I haven't finished my first cup of coffee yet this morning!! I looked at it and seen Australia. Austria is a long ways from there, I agree! WOW Little too much whiskey last night I guess, eyes not focusing very well at all today. LOL

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Gafala

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Austrian_Des

Tenpoint5: Hehe, judging by your tag line, I'd stay off the bacon too  :P
Gafala: Thanks very much for that, but when I go to the dealers page it's empty  :'( http://www.bradleysmoker.at/stockists/dealers.php but thanks for thinking of me!

Des

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Austrian_Des on January 23, 2013, 07:53:56 AM
Tenpoint5: Hehe, judging by your tag line, I'd stay off the bacon too  :P
Gafala: Thanks very much for that, but when I go to the dealers page it's empty  :'( http://www.bradleysmoker.at/stockists/dealers.php but thanks for thinking of me!

Des

Des I will just make dumb mistakes then. I WILL NOT give up my BACON addiction!!