Mesquite Smoked Chicken Wings

Started by zrlime, April 26, 2006, 12:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardWacker

Lime of ZR,

More than any other meat you smoke, chicken will need to be vented the most.  Don't ask the cookshack folks what happens to their chicken...I think they call it "dripping black goo" on top of their meat...they have no vent.

You will notice on larger pieces of chicken your temp will not come up as fast do to...IMO..the amount of moisture coming off is contributing to the loss of heat.

We won't hold it against you if you love the "Devil Wood".

Welcome to the forum and don't make yourself a stranger.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

nsxbill

Man o man!  My chicken coming out now to go to the grill.  Decided to leave in for 2.5 hours, and it is looking pretty good.  Going to dump a couple of bottles of Sweet Baby Rays into a stainless bowl and tell the chicken to jump in....if they won't listen, I will just shove it in. After cooking, will cool off the chicken and seal it up for work on Tuesday night.  Ended up using legs and thighs-thought I had pulled out the bag of wings...ah well, they were thawed and ready to go.

I was distracted when I pulled out.  My new Mac Dual Quad 2.5 Ghz came in, and spent the entire day fooling around with it.  Man, what a sweet machine!  Going to use my old one for electronic juke box and recipe storage, et al.  Will set it up near the kitchen and discourage little woman to stay off the new one.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.