• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Andouille is stuffed and finished w/ pics.

Started by KyNola, February 10, 2013, 11:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

The andouille is in the smoker.  DigiQ w/ Power Raptor handling the temp control and doing an awesome job.  Super simple and accurate.  Already had one mishap.  Sausage is hanging from the Bradley sausage hooks at the highest point in my tower. I had added slides for 4 additional racks so my highest point is about an inch and a half higher than the standard and I have the rack turned upside down for about another 1/2 inch of height.  About 5 minutes after hanging I remembered I had failed to put a rack in the bottom to act as a safety net.  Go out to put the safety rack in and OOPS! Too late.  One of the tail end of the sausage had already slipped the knot we tied with string. ;D  Retied, rehung, placed the safety rack and all is well again.

Pics to follow later.

ghost9mm

Very well done my friend, I really don't know why you took so long to try it... but for what ever reason it sure looks like you did a wonderful job for your first time making andouille...atta boy...will be waiting for the final taste results...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

KyNola

Thanks to NepaSmoker and Tenpoint5 for all of their coaching today.

Here is the finished product.

Here is the money shot.

And here is the taste test.

It definitely has the smoke and the heat I was looking for.  One spice is a little strong so I will cut it back next time but all in all I am more than happy with it.

Thank you for everyone's encouragement along the way.

NePaSmoKer

Very nice Larry

I see some good NOLA eats coming up.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Awesome!!

Them sliced shots got me hankerin for some Andouille

BAM1

Home Run Larry.  We'll Stop through in May on our way to the KOA smokeout for some Jambalaya!
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

carnie1

pikeman_95

Larry
I am having a hard time believing this is the first sausage that you have made. They look great. I have been watching your post for a long time but I never noticed that you had no sausage post. It looks like that is going to change. Nice job and we will be looking forward to some more.
KC

Keymaster

Nice Job Larry, I've never had or made Andouille. Is it more of a Sausage you put in Soups and stuff or is it good by itself just to snack on?

SouthernSmoked

Nice job Larry! The Andouille looks awesome!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

squirtthecat

Sailor

Hog Dang!  Larry you just plumb out did yourself.  The money shot is fantastic.  I would hammer that in a heart beat.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

mikecorn.1

Looks great for sure!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

KyNola

Quote from: Keymaster on February 12, 2013, 03:57:09 AM
Nice Job Larry, I've never had or made Andouille. Is it more of a Sausage you put in Soups and stuff or is it good by itself just to snack on?
Traditionally it is used in things like gumbo, jambalaya, red beans and rice, etc.  Now.....having said that, I have eaten a ton of it that was placed on the grill to heat up, sliced into chunks and eaten as a snack.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.  I was nervous as a new Dad waiting for the baby to be born.  I had made one attempt a couple of years ago that went straight from the smoker to the trashcan so yesterday I just kept thinking "please don't fat out, please don't fat out". ;D