Grouperman's bread thread

Started by Grouperman941, March 13, 2013, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grouperman941

I also experimented with freezing a portion of dough. I can't stand the idea of throwing away some of the starter when I feed it. I'll be giving it to family members who buy bread dough from the grocery store.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

Grouperman941

A sandwich made from the 3.5 oz rolls I made to round out the batch:

Grouperman941

Quote from: Grouperman941 on April 23, 2013, 09:00:20 PM
I also experimented with freezing a portion of dough. I can't stand the idea of throwing away some of the starter when I feed it. I'll be giving it to family members who buy bread dough from the grocery store.

Dough started rising as it defrosted and was good. I actually gave it to my parents, who made pizzas.

Grouperman941

Fed the starter today. Still going strong. Not sure if I'll have time to make bread, so I'll probably freeze the dough.

Grouperman941

Fed the starter yesterday. 16 days, so I was a little nervous, but it's alive and kicking.

Grouperman941

Just posting to note that I ended up going 20 days between feedings and baked up some really good cinnamon rolls. The pics I thought I took are missing -- somewhere among my vacation photos, I think.

rveal23

I will be waiting to see those pictures. And maybe the way you made it
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

Grouperman941

I let my starter go way too long with all the post-holiday craziness around here. I renewed it , and it was a few hours before it started bubbling, but it eventually came back to life. The starter sat almost 24 hours and made one of my best doughs yet.

I thought it would make great French toast, so ...

I was right. :-)

Saber 4

beauteous bread and I'll take at least 4 slices of the French toast and some bacon please.