Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on October 18, 2008, 01:45:02 PM
Just took a rack of spareribs out of it cure. I'm going to try a  Smoked Cured Pork Rib recipe Mike (Mr. Walleye) stirred me to. The recipe called for it to be wet cure, but I'm attempting it with a dry cure. Suppose to be like eating bacon on a stick. If I have time, I'll also make some pulled beef.

Habs

I forgot all about that recipe. Let us know how you make out with it and what changes you made to it. I was going to try it and I forgot all about it! I'm gettin' old!  ???

How can "Bacon on a Stick" be bad?  ::)

Mmmm... Bacon... Mmmm Ribs... Mmmm... Bacon... Mmmm Ribs...  :P

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

schneep

Just got done chowin down a boneless turkey breast  roast!! O MY GOD!!! it was awesome, also a pumpkin crumble cake from this site!! I believe I have died and gone to heaven!!

ABT's tommorriw.
Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

Mr Walleye

Sounds like a great weekend Schneep!

Ya gotta love it when a plan comes together!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

smokeitall

I'm with Mr. Walley on this one....Bacon on a stick....Wow I gotta try that one.

Habs

I forgot all about that recipe. Let us know how you make out with it and what changes you made to it. I was going to try it and I forgot all about it! I'm gettin' old!  ???

How can "Bacon on a Stick" be bad?  ::)

Mmmm... Bacon... Mmmm Ribs... Mmmm... Bacon... Mmmm Ribs...  :P

Mike
[/quote]

beefmann

gotta love this site with all its comeraderie and information with in it....

bullhead

Smoken 25lbs of belly becon. 1st half done and cooling, 2nd half smoking now. Just bought a doz eggs and dug potatos sounds like a farmers breakfest tomarrow. :)

La Quinta

Beefman...do Hab's Canadian Bacon...well worth the week...but cut that big second 8lb sucker in half...do Canadian bacon with 4lbs...then vac and freeze the other four lbs...no rush dude...I have a great recipe for an asian marinade for that other puppy...I'd be happy to share with ya...

Habanero Smoker

This is my first time with "Bacon on a Stick", so I'm not sure how it will turn out. But I figured the worse that can happen the first time is that I cured it too long or not long enough. I'll be smoking/cooking them today. Should have the results by 5 PM.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

I am curious to find out how the bacon on a stick turns out.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

beefmann

La Q .. would love the recipe for it ... please  send it to  me.. or  post it... thanks in advance

La Quinta

Habanero Smoker

Fist I want to say that my main goal for this weekend was to make pulled beef using Mike's recipe. I had the meat aging in the back of the refrigerator. Sunday when I pulled it out to season it, part of it was partially frozen. A small area where the meat had been touching the rear wall got too cold, so I seasoned the meat, moved it away from the wall and I should be smoking/cooking that today.

As for the cured ribs (Bacon on a Stick). The flavor is more like ham, but my taste buds were off due to allergies. I posted my first results here:

Smoked Cured Ribs (Bacon on a Stick)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

I've got 4 yard birds and a bulk pack of chicken legs to smoke for a get together tomorrow.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

FLBentRider

I bought three briskets for pastrami today, and at the grocery store they had  leg quarters on sale for $0.59/lb - I bought 8 lbs - they are in now with KyNolas Jans rub and 3 hours of Oak @225.

pics to follow

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Got two full racks of short ribs and cross cut ribs, resting on the counter while the smoker is a heating up!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!