Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo

Didn't notice where they were from.  I doubt they were from Harris though.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Caneyscud

Quote from: WhiteSmoke on March 22, 2009, 12:14:24 PM
Caney and FLBR,

Forget grocery stores, Costco and the like.

Do you not have a local meat packer near you?

Most city's have a few if you go lookin' and they will always be able to fix you up.  Usually at a price that meets or easily beats any retail store.
I'll try the Packers - we supposedly have two around.  I've tried the wholesalers and the restaurant supply stores, but no go.  I've even tried the grocery stores that use different languages.  They all say, they come in every now and then, with no set pattern.  The ONE meat market we have did offer to order me a case. - would've cost me over $400.  All I want to do is try one, not feed the city!  Now, I can find all the chitlins and neckbones one would ever want.  Used to be able to find chicken necks and backs but haven't seen them in a while.

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

Quote from: FLBentRider on March 22, 2009, 03:54:10 PM
The Mrs. drives a Sprinter, we could probably get at least 4 chest freezers in there with the seats out!

Should be able to get a whole hog for around $190. Depends on the market, the basic butcher is about $85-$90.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NoCaSmoka

Quote from: Smokin Soon on March 22, 2009, 09:47:56 PM
Giz, did you get the Harris Ranch ones? They are pricey but tasty!

Going to Lost Angeleez in a couple of weeks.  Usually stop at Harris Ranch for chow.  Yum, for sure.  I think I'll stop on the way back and see if they can hit me up with some good smokin' possibilities.

Giz - still seems pretty steep for tri-tip.  To me.  'Course, Mrs. Smoka does most of the shopping.  Let's me do some of the cooking.  All of the smoking.  I may be a little out of the loop where tri-tip prices are concerned.

Speaking of pork bellies.  Butcher at the local organic market said he'll get me some.  I have to buy 2 complete sides for me to order them.  I think he said 14 lbs each.  Bacon for life, I figure.  Maybe I'll try Canadian or Buckboard first.
Chris in Pair-O'-Dice

bigredsmoker

Smokin 10lbs. of featherbones today and 6 racks of baby backs tomorrow. I'm gettin hungry!

bigcatdaddy

This weekend it was Pheasant,Ducks,Geese, 2 Pork Tenderloins and some thick cut chops.  Got'em all done yesterday and feasting today!!!!!!!!

FLBentRider

I just put 32lbs of Pork Butt in with 5 hours of Hickory.

I have 2 Sugared PineApples in the Dehydrator, there is 15lb of eye round waiting to go in.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

smokeitall

10 lbs of Pepperoni, starting it tomorrow.....2nd try at this one.

WhiteSmoke

10 lbs of Piglet Ribs.  Mmmm.  but skinning a pig with a paring knife is really ardous.

deb415611

Did a couple chickens today.  Rubbed with Jan's rub.  1 hour 40 minutes cherry,  finished in the oven.

Last night tried to do two butts but smoke generator was not working,  pulled and threw in oven overnight.  Was good but not as good as it could have been. 

Neighbors watched over the house last weekend when we went away.  Sent a little thank you over tonight :

Also smoked a little pork tenderloin but that will be another days post ;D

bigcatdaddy

This weekend 3 racks of Baby Backs, 6 Center Cut Chops extra thick and bout 5# of fresh Cat Fish Fillets.

FLBentRider

I've got some buffalo chicken jerky that is going to get a couple of pucks of mesquite and then into the dehydrator.

For the weekend I have 2 briskets that are in Pastrami cure that will get the smoke.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

smokeitall

I have two slabs of bacon and two big chunks of Habs Canadian Bacon, should be ready by Friday or Sat.  And as I am typing this I have a belly full of shroom bombs and some leftovers.

Oldman

Doing for the 4th of July the Deckel end of a brisket, my candized baked beans, and raw apple cake with home made caramel sauce.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

FLBentRider

I've got a 9 LB chuck roast that will be getting salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder... and then 4 hours of mesquite @ 225.

I might go get some baby backs....

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!