Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

I did the Radio Shack thing. I made up a longer cord when I did my cold smoke setup. I only use this new cord I made and I have never had a problem. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

West Coast Kansan

Consig, You should be ok with some periodic exercise ... but if that dont work bradley with send you some plug and play connectors for the tower and the one inside the generator I have not replaced but I think it is solder...  ;D  ;D there is a center connection inside the jack that is spring loaded ... it seems to be the one that needs the exercise.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Tiny Tim

Got a boneless turkey breast taking a bath until tomorrow afternoon when I throw it in the sauna.  Took one of my brining containers (looks to be about a gallon), filled half full of water, 2 handfulls of brown sugar and a good dump of Tender Quick.  Either gonna use 3 hours of Maple or 4 hours of Hickory (don't like partial sleeves of bisquettes laying around, and the Maple has been open for a couple of weeks).

FLBentRider

I just can't stand it any longer. The Mrs. says "take it easy" and "no lifting". I say - "Come on over here and lift this Sams cryovac pack out of the freezer so I can smoke us some ribs this weekend"

So - I think I have 3 racks of spare ribs going in, if she doesn't sedate me first.

We did smoke 3lbs of almonds on Wednesday, they don't weigh hardly more than the racks.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

FL I think she ought to sedate ya, and then turn ya loose smoking...Welcome to vicodian land...OK on the menu tonight ribeyes and smokey baked taters...Saturday smoked fajitas, pinto beans and southwest corn with some rats, Sunday 20 lbs brisket one for us and one for the bosses(aka wife)  work...And somewhere, maybe tonight, Habs canadian bacon...Time to get crack-a-lackin!!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

FLBentRider

I think I need sedation. I just broke open the package, and I was met with that "smell" (not the good one)

C R A P!

13 lbs of spare ribs shot to he11.

I'm not sure if sams will refund since the date has past - I froze them before the date.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

FLBentRider

Returned the bad ribs to Sams this morning.

Picked up another 12lb package of ribs, 8lbs of eye round for jerky, and a 2-pack of boston butt for next weekend.

I put AB's rub on the ribs and stashed them in the chill-chest.

The beef is trimmed and in the freezer firming up for slicing.

The boston butts will go in the brine on Tuesday, get the rub on Thursday, go in the OBS Friday night for Q on Saturday night.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Consiglieri

This weekend begins tonight.   NY strip has been marinating for two days (1 bottle red wine, about 1C soy sauce, 2T dry mustard, 2T brown sugar, 6 cloves garlic, 1 envelope Good Seasons Italian Dressing (dry), a few shakes of Italian seasoning).  That will be on the grill with some Hickory smoke.  Any leftovers will be french dip sandwiches Friday.  Local farmers had fresh strawberries and we'll be making some icecream with some of them.  The rest may fall into the blender with some ice and some distilled substance. 

Tomorrow: brisket and babyback ribs.   Giz: thanks for the brisket tips.  I think I'm finally over the "cook entirely in the Bradley" mental block and will be boating both the ribs and the brisket as each finishes the smoke cycle.  Ribs will be glazed and grilled to finish them up. 

Cheers. 

Consiglieri

FLBentRider

I put 13Lb of Pork butt in the brine this morning.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

Going to pickup a couple of Pork Butts tonight.

Round 2 of Hab's Canadian Bacon will go in the smoker on Sunday!

Gizmo

I gotta figure out how to put Huh's Ghost peppers to work along with the long peppers he sent. 

Consig, best wishes on your ribs and brisket boats sounds like a chompin' weekend for ya.  Let us know how the boats work out for you. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

westexasmoker

On the menu Tonight crab legs, shrimp and scallops - Saturday is going to be a fowl day duck and chicken - Sunday haven't quite decided either brisket or pork loin along with some jalapeno sausage and of course some abt's and somewhere in there maybe a fatty or two!  Gotta love the weekends!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Consiglieri

Giz: Brisket boat worked out great! We didn't cook the ribs and still had a lot of leftovers.  Brisket cooked for about 22 hours and fell apart.  Plenty of new fans of Iceman's sauce. 

The NY Strip was mowed through pretty quickly too.   Leftovers wound up as french dip sandwiches. 
Consiglieri

FLBentRider

I took the Butts out of the brine Friday morning, rubbed 'em down with Ice's rub, wrapped in plastic. Put them in the OBS last night around 2130. Auber PD indicated 200F, maverick said 213 .Four hours of Hickory, change water bowl @ 0230. Pulled them out, put them in a cast iron roasting pan - foil cover, 200F convection oven until 1515. FTC until 1800.

Served with Iceman's sauce on the side. The Rub and the Sauce complement each other very well.

I N C R E D I B L E !!

ps - begolf - My kids are upset about the lack of bark that sticks to the new hi temp screens...

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Gizmo

Just a few small pieces of beef for the Texas Road trip next weekend.
12 Racks smoked plus 2 additional dehydrators trays.

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/