Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Kansan

Gizmo, looks like some beef strips there...what have you got going?

The WCKs are empty nesters once again this weekend...relaxing with some BB Ribs.  Using TN rub Gizmo scored for me...

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

The high end beef (Top Round).  Was in the area of the North Park Produce Market (Far East owned) and decided I wanted the high end meat for the jerky.  Tossed it in the freezer for a few hours and sliced, then cured/seasoned it with the High Mountain Original.  Gotta have it for the road trip.  Maybe get some Texas Respect (albeit it is hickory smoked and not mesquite) as we will need with with CA plates. 8)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Atta a boy Giz...Hickory rocks!! (Altho...I am not a fanatic) BUT....I do like my hickory!!! :)

FLBentRider

I've got three pounds of Almonds doing the Hickory cold-smoke thing, they will get the Spicy treatment.

I've also got about 10# of Beef eye round for jerky.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

philmiller

westexasmoker mentioned smoky baked 'taters.  How is this done?  Sounds great.

Regards,

Phil

westexasmoker

Nice and easy, bake as normal in the oven then pull and split stuff with cheese, butter, or anyhing else you want keep in the foil, kinda boated up, but not closed and into the smoker with just no more than an hour of smoke (mesquite of course) or till the cheese melts, that's the key when the cheese has melted..its time to pull and eat!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

FLBentRider

I went to my butcher yesterday. No brisket. It will be here Friday. Perfect. It's why I went on Wednesday...  :D

He says it's gonna be a whole one. I hope it fits in the OBS.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

The menu for this weekend - Tonight ribeyes and baked taters - Saturday chicken wraps and beef wraps - Sunday brisket (smoked Sat night) and turkey legs and I'm thinking a pot of beans and some tater salad!

C

Consiglieri

Consiglieri

FLBentRider

I have a 13lb Angus prime brisket going in shortly, it will get 4 hours of mesquite and into the oven first AM.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smokin Soon

Wifey has really liked the brined chicken and pork chops with the Tenderquick brown sugar, both the brine and dry rub have come out very well. I'm gonna fill the box with leg & thigh quarters and wings for a couple hours of mixed maple and hickory smoke and then let her do her fryer magic. She hates the skin from the smoker. I have to set aside some that I will turn up the heat to atomic!

Gizmo

To crisp up the skin, run that chicken on the grill after the smoke.  The broiler will work as well. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

deb415611

My husband woke me up at 4:30 this morning to ask me "is your smoker ok?" -- we were having a thunderstorm -- the pork butts were safely in the oven though --  it would probably freak him out though if he knew that the remote part of the Maverick was on my nightstand -- they were at 164.   The house smells pretty awesome this morning  ;D

I also have a couple of Nepas fattys in the fridge - weather permitting they will go in the smoker later. 

I'm going to make some burger buns at some point this morning.  I'm going to experiment & use Iceman's sauce instead of water.  If they work I'll do a post on them. 

La Quinta

You just go with your bad self Deb!!! My husband just wakes up and nudges me and says...that damn probe thing is going off!!  >:( Then I get up and check!!  ;D Getting the first bite....PRICELESS!!!

westexasmoker

Ah another weekend...Lets see tonight I'm thinking smokey burgers and fries.  Saturday beef short ribs, pork spareribs, chicken wraps, jalapeno sausage a batch of pinto beans and some world famous tater salad and unless we leftovers sunday will be roast beef! With mesquite of course!  ;D  Have a good weekend everyone!

C