• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

muebe convection fan

Started by CLAREGO, October 08, 2013, 07:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLAREGO

i seen muebe convection fan mod. I got a question for him or anyone else that installed a convection fan. did you gain anything installing the fan so high on the side of the bs? vs where most of the fans are installed
thanks
keep posting great site
Clarence

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: CLAREGO on October 08, 2013, 07:21:06 AM
i seen muebe convection fan mod. I got a question for him or anyone else that installed a convection fan. did you gain anything installing the fan so high on the side of the bs? vs where most of the fans are installed
thanks
keep posting great site
Clarence

Yup i did notice a difference, Nothing huge.

CLAREGO

CLAREGO

another question if any folks on here no anything about electricity going with a 2 stage convection fan that has a red black and white wiring any advice how to wire
:o

CLAREGO

ok folks any one want to help me wire this fan all  ;D this is a two stage convention fan with 3 wires blue brown i tink are the two stages what king of switch could i use to control the fan speed ?

Saber 4

I would say run it up to radio shack and they can hook you up with a switch and probably tell you which wire does what, or maybe just do a trial run with jumper wires before you install it so see what wire does what. That's the extent of my electrical abilities, I will of course defer to the ecltro-magicians we have here to give you the proper answer. :)

CLAREGO

yeah thats about how i am can go according to who i bought from its a 2 stage convection fan from a jenn air oven i paid 35 for it maybe some type of switch just don't know exactly what i'm looking for
but im taking that the blue and brown wire is 2 different settings

Alanfromwis

The white wire should be common, aka neutral, and wired direct to power cord common. Blue & brown should be 2 stage wires. If you get a on, off, on toggle switch, wire the load side of cord to center terminal, and blue to 1 end terminal, & brown to the other end. Now with switch in center position (off), when switch toggle is moved to one on position fan will be stage 1, & other on position will be stage 2. If you have any questions on my attempt to explain, please ask.
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

CLAREGO

Quote from: Alanfromwis on October 13, 2013, 08:04:38 AM
  The white wire should be common, aka neutral, and wired direct to power cord common. Blue & brown should be 2 stage wires. If you get a on, off, on toggle switch, wire the load side of cord to center terminal, and blue to 1 end terminal, & brown to the other end. Now with switch in center position (off), when switch toggle is moved to one on position fan will be stage 1, & other on position will be stage 2. If you have any questions on my attempt to explain, please ask.

thank you what kind of toggle switch am I looking for ?

CLAREGO

i fgured that out anywas is the fan going the right way in this photo anyone ? the black arrow

Alanfromwis

The switch you want is a 3 position switch with a center off and on in both end positions.  A number of home supply  electrical departments have these 3 position switches as well as Radio Shack. For a small fan, 1 or 2 amp rating is enough.

Alanfromwis

i fgured that out anywas is the fan going the right way in this photo anyone ? the black arrow

I may be wrong, but it looks to me it should be opposite.

CLAREGO

i found a switch lying around its is wired for 120 volts. i could probably get away with putting to light switches in to control this
is it going the wrong way ? this is off a convection oven i want to be sure thanks everyone

tskeeter

Quote from: Alanfromwis on October 17, 2013, 11:08:44 AM

I may be wrong, but it looks to me it should be opposite.

Alan, I think the direction of rotation is OK.  Would you check my logic?

Air is sucked into the fan near the hub.  The vertical and horizontal sections of the fan blades act to "support" the the air until the air is "slung" out of the fan at the outside end of the fan blade.  I'm thinking that it works kind of like those funky basket/ball slingers that are used to play Jai Alai.  If you use only the vertical portion of the fan blade to control the air movement, wouldn't it be more like stirring, with a lot of the air spilling off the edges of the fan blade, the way a liquid spills past the edges of a spoon?  Having a surface to "support" the air limits the spilling to only one edge of the fan blade.

Alanfromwis

Alan, I think the direction of rotation is OK.  Would you check my logic?

Air is sucked into the fan near the hub.  The vertical and horizontal sections of the fan blades act to "support" the the air until the air is "slung" out of the fan at the outside end of the fan blade.  I'm thinking that it works kind of like those funky basket/ball slingers that are used to play Jai Alai.  If you use only the vertical portion of the fan blade to control the air movement, wouldn't it be more like stirring, with a lot of the air spilling off the edges of the fan blade, the way a liquid spills past the edges of a spoon?  Having a surface to "support" the air limits the spilling to only one edge of the fan blade.

Tskeeter, You are probably right. After reading your post several times & thinking about it, I am quite certain you are right.
Alan
Alan