Smoke WAHOO

Started by Triknee, October 13, 2013, 12:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triknee

Long time wood thrower, first time Bradley smoker.  I'm smoking some fresh caught wahoo.  I went with a tried and true brine recipe that I've used for salmon, brined overnight.  I've got the wahoo in the smoker now.  Not having any experience smoking with a bradley, I set it up for 2 hours smoke with 3 hours at 175 deg.   I'm sure I'll have to tweak the time's and temps. 

Any advice? 

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, I'll let the fish experts advise you on the fishy stuff, just make sure your vent is open so you don't end up with black rain on your fish from trapped moisture.

beefmann

welcome aboard and enjoy

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  The Wahoo should have turned out great at 175 F.  I cook salmon and char at 200 F for 1 1/2 hrs with Alder.  Turns out nice and moist.  Enjoy your Bradley, keep your top vent open and remember, we like pictures!!

mahto

Welcome from Westminster I did my first smoked salmon a month ago should of gotten smoker a lot sooner will be trying other fish an hope they come out as good read forums for advice that's what I been doing
tu amigo
mahto

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi