• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

A.C. Legg seasoning

Started by mez, December 07, 2013, 05:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mez

Gonna make some stix tomorrow was wondering if anyone  was familiar with the BBQ 157 and 116 blends.Any adjustments or additional ingredients recommended?Want to spice them up with cayenne or chipotle powder.should I add fermento ?

watchdog56

I have made them before and they were ok. Flavor got better as they sat in frig. I did the water bath method but I would not do that again. The casings kind of peel off. Here is what I did.
Sept 23 2012. Outside temp 50. Made 7 # each of bbq sticks using AC Legg bbq seasoning and pizza sticks.
Made a batch using 7# 90% lean GB  fine ground. Used the full package for 7#. Put in fig overnight.
Took out and let get to room temp. Preheated smoker to 130 for 1 hour then up to 140 for 2 hours of
oak smoke.Then after smoke took out and put in water bath at 160 until IT hit 155. Took out and put in
cold shower. Put in frig overnight and cut up.

I used the whole package because I tried it earlier and I felt it just need more flavor.

Good luck.

RexLan

WOW .... 3 time the recommended amount ... I can't imagine they would even be editable an have so much salt that it would make me sick I think..

The BBQ one actually sucks as does the Pizza one.

I'd Google a little for some better recipes.

mez

I used 10 ozs of seasoning instead of the recommended 7 per the instructions.added a table spoon of chipotle powder,a little pepper,and 4 oz of fermento.gonna stuff them soon.Ill post the results when their done.

mez

Quote from: RexLan on December 08, 2013, 06:02:32 AM
WOW .... 3 time the recommended amount ... I can't imagine they would even be editable an have so much salt that it would make me sick I think..

The BBQ one actually sucks as does the Pizza one.

I'd Google a little for some better recipes.
.   I don't think it was 3x the recipe I think he had a bag for 10 lbs like I do.

Tenpoint5

For the 116 I use 5-7 Tablespoons for a 5 pound batch
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

mez

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 08, 2013, 09:47:33 AM
For the 116 I use 5-7 Tablespoons for a 5 pound batch
I did them all in BBQ this time I'll mark this on the bag for future use.Thanks!

Tenpoint5

Also add 6 oz distilled water and 1 tsp per pound of ECA if you have it
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SiFumar