Best method to smoke hamburger for chili?

Started by WoodlawnSmoker, December 29, 2013, 03:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodlawnSmoker

Hey folks, brand new smoker here but it occurred to me that smoked hamburger in chili would add a wonderful taste.  What would be the best method to smoke the hamburg, in logs or spread out on a tray?  I know with the hamburger in a log I could easily monitor the interior temperature but I'm wondering if others have discovered a better way.

Wildcat

Not sure about in the Bradley, but you can't go wrong on a hard wood grill/campfire by simply making some hamburger patties and cook over oak until done then add to chili.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Ka Honu

Forget the hamburger.  Smoke a whole brisket and use the point for chili.

Saber 4

Quote from: Ka Honu on December 29, 2013, 05:30:35 PM
Forget the hamburger.  Smoke a whole brisket and use the point for chili.

That's the best way to go

Habanero Smoker

There are other ways you can add smoke flavor to your chili by applying smoke to the vegetable you will be adding to the chili, such as your onions and peppers.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

you can  also use  chuck roast,, cut it about an  inch  thick smoke it  grind it  up and place it into the chili

also can  smoke vegetables

WoodlawnSmoker

Quote from: beefmann on December 30, 2013, 07:01:35 AM
you can  also use  chuck roast,, cut it about an  inch  thick smoke it  grind it  up and place it into the chili

also can  smoke vegetables

You're right of course, this makes total sense.  I'm still new at this, grinding my own gives me total control of when I smoke and how.  Thanks everyone for your help, I'll get there eventually.