***ROLL CALL*** Original Digital Homemade Other

Started by owrstrich, June 16, 2006, 05:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

QuoteNot everyone on eBay is a whore Olds   ;)

Ya I know.....  ;D

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

smokefrau

I am in orange county - laguna niguel

thanks to everyone for all for the advice and comments!

owrstrich

smokefrau... wine isnt a gadget... its a vital component...

being from wi... do you miss the breaded pork tenderloin sandwich...

i hear tommys on el camino real in san clemente has breaded tenderloins...

i also hear the valley house on woodside in santee has breaded tenderloins...

i also hear the hash house a go go in san diego has breaded tenderloins...

big O'crispy hand hammered pork tenderloin sandwich w/onion, pickles & of course ketchup on a whole wheat bun served with your choice of side... youll think you're back in milw wi...

http://www.hashhouseagogo.com/home.html

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

iceman

Wa La!!! Excellent platter if I do say so. Hmmm.... Where art ale in yon picture ;D Ya done good owrstrich ;)

icerat4

Just another weekend with the smoker...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

medic 76

1. Bill
2. Indiana ( Boiler  country )
3. Paramedic
4. Hunting ,Backpacking, gun collecting, and about anything out doors
5. Bradley digital ( just got it a week ago )
6.  none yet
7. sop far I am going to smoke my second brisket tommorow
8. some roast and some ribs
9. a good grilled steak
10. I'll have to think about that

tooljunkie3j

Don't know how to quote, but I think I can get this right. 1. tooljunkie3j aka Mike T./2.Davenport iowa where the Mississippi flows east to west/3. criminal trial lawyer and part time judge/4.hunting, woodworking tools, small machine tools, and luthiery/5. BD 6(third weekend with it)/6.patience,remote probe thermometer(building double-walled insulated close fitted box with halogen augmentation)/7. marinated-tenderized big bottom round roast-comes out like prime rib/8. cheeses and salmon/9. very rare NY Strip/10. fresh caught Atlantic Coast Crab.
     Iowa has pretty fair breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches too- and our beef and venison are better than average, if I may say so- they eat the same, except for the city deer that fight the raccoons for the garbage cans. ;)

asa

tooljunkie -
Welcome to the forum. When you have a chance, please share with us your recipe and secrets for "marinated-tenderized big bottom round roast-comes out like prime rib." Sounds like something worth trying! And, what kind of instruments do you build/repair??
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

Kummok

Dang...didn't mean ta snub ya Owrstritch. Was driving up the AlCan Highway when ya posted this and just didn't connect with this one somehow. Anyhooo, here's mine....

1... who are you...RC
2... where are you...Homer, AK
3... what is your livelihood...Retired Firefighter, Livin' Large and Luvin' the Lord
4... what is your favorite hobby...  Building/Restoring stuff....machines, buildings, anything old
5... what smokers do your use... Winchester, Colt, Marlin, Smith& Wesson ;) (Okay, Bradley, 3 4 each)
6... what smoker gadgets do you use...Holsters, scabbards, cowboy paraphenalia ;) (Okay, no gadgets other than remote probe [Maverick], jerkey racks, suasage hangers, Bubba Pucks)
7... what do you smoke most often... Ptarmigan, caribou, deer, moose ;) (Okay, King Salmon LOTS of it!)
8... what do you want to smoke but havent... Right OR Left wing radicals  ;) (Okay, ANYTHING that my cardiologist would recommend against!)
9... what nonsmoked food do you like most...Anything hot, spicy, grilled, ethnic
10... what nonsmoked food do you want to try but havent... See # 8 "cardiologist" above

9/09 edit to add another OBS to the stable

tooljunkie3j

How I do Tenderized Marinated Bottom Round Roast- I like to get a large(5.5 to 6.75 lb.) bottom round roast. I forget which part of the cut this is, but it is NOT bound together with twine. I buy papaya extract in bulk- if I could find without salt I would prefer it; no one sells it without- I rub down all surfaces of the roast with olive oil and basically apply enough tenderizer that the surface of the meat flesh is hardly visible. Often, I will add a mild beef rub. Then what makes the difference--- I have one of the Jaccard tenderizers, the one with 36 or more spring loaded swords that deeply pierce the meat. The roast gets poked to death on all surfaces(I'll Leave on a trimmed, thinned cap fat) until essentially all of the tenderizer and rub is driven down into the core of the roast. Then, fresh squeezed lemon juice I use fresh if possible) is squirted all over and the same piercing attack as before,allowing the lemon juice to also get to the core(red wines work too, but add their own distinct flavor, and don't break down the tissue as drastically over 12 hours). I do this in a pyrex 9 x 13 - cover with pastic wrap, marinate 8-12 hours. I usually turn it and roll it around in the juices. On a grill I set to one side ,use a burner at the side farthest away and keep it as close to 220* as I can. I cook to rare(140*) with a remote probe thermometer. The very first thing I did in my BS-D6 was a 5 lb, just like this, with two and one half hours hickory- about 8 1/2 hours total at 190-220*. I chose that to start because I know how it ought to come out. When cooked to the rare side of medium rare to rare, it cuts with a fork. I hope this works for others- it makes a fair roast of beef into a real luxurious treat. Best regards to all, Mike T.

CLAREGO

1. Who are you?  Clarence Major
2. Where are you?  Lebanon, Pa (near hershey,pa) close to Dutch country Lebanon Sweet Belogna the best thing since toliet paper
3. What is your livelihood?  Unemployed trained to be a Systems admin,It Pro, computer tech,Security any help from anybody on these boards that live in harrisburg,reading,lancaster willing to travel!
4. What is your favorite hobby?  Smoking foods Computers Linux, Micrososft
5. What smokers do your use?  Bs THE ORGINAL! have a big chief dont use
6. What smoker gadgets do you use?  Probe thermometers
7. What do you smoke most often?  Pulling the butt
8. What do you want to smoke but havent?  coffee , hops
9. What nonsmoked food do you like most?  everything
10. What nonsmoked food do you want to try but havent?  Gator

West Coast Kansan

1... who are you... Chuck
2... where are you... Oceanside, CA
3... what is your livelihood...Still working until something else comes along
4... what is your favorite hobby...puttering in the yard/garden...
5... what smokers do your use... Digital 4R, Sewage ejector...
6... what smoker gadgets do you use...ET73, Garden Hose...
7... what do you smoke most often...Butt / PRib...
8... what do you want to smoke but havent... Owrstrich...
9... what nonsmoked food do you like most...beef liver and onion...
10... what nonsmoked food do you want to try but havent...meatloaf

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Smokey da Bear

1... who are you...  Robert
2... where are you... Provo, Utah
3... what is your livelihood... Own Flooring Store
4... what is your favorite hobby... Ridin' ATVs and camping in them Utah Mtns
5... what smokers do your use... SS
6... what smoker gadgets do you use... Remote Dig Thermometer and trying to put together PID
7... what do you smoke most often... Brisket, Pulled Pork
8... what do you want to smoke but havent...Cheese..Cold Smoking
9... what nonsmoked food do you like most...Surf & Turf
10... what nonsmoked food do you want to try but havent...Chateabriand

coolguy

1. Bill
2. cool ca
3.retired
4.fishing for wild salmon, rockcod,crab,halibut,and tuna.gardening,camping,and smoking my catch.
5.have a dead little chief, original black bradley on the way.
6. fishing poles, and bate
7. wild salmon,tuna
8. bacon,pork butt and chicken
9. cheese