• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Don't think I will be smoking anything today

Started by devo, January 01, 2014, 10:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Saber 4

Now where's that famous Canadian sense of adventure, just tunnel out to the smoke shack and fire something up to warm you up later :D

Am I reading that correctly that -40 is the same in C and F readings?

NorthShoreMN

Not. Quite that cold down here Devo , only-24 at the house this morning in Grand Marais.
Hope this new year brings some warmer weather.
Paul
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

UncleAl

Burr and I thought it was cold it at 12 degrees.

devo

Quote from: Saber 4 on January 01, 2014, 10:19:11 AM
Now where's that famous Canadian sense of adventure, just tunnel out to the smoke shack and fire something up to warm you up later :D

Yup  -40 is -40 no matter which way you hold that thermometer.

Well day 1 of 2014 has started off with a couple of first's for me. Had a hot water pipe that runs up to the shower through the north side wall of my house freeze up. Had to use a propane torch to thaw it out. That's never happened before. And to top it off the truck would not start this morning. Had to put a battery charger on it and plug in a little portable electric heater under the motor to get it running. Global warming bull 0

Saber 4

Quote from: devo on January 01, 2014, 10:34:10 AM
Quote from: Saber 4 on January 01, 2014, 10:19:11 AM

Yup  -40 is -40 no matter which way you hold that thermometer.

Well day 1 of 2014 has started off with a couple of first's for me. Had a hot water pipe that runs up to the shower through the north side wall of my house freeze up. Had to use a propane torch to thaw it out. That's never happened before. And to top it off the truck would not start this morning. Had to put a battery charger on it and plug in a little portable electric heater under the motor to get it running. Global warming bull 0

Years ago when we lived in Michigan we had the kitchen hot and cold water lines that went up the wall in the half basement freeze up, until then we didn't think water would freeze inside and vertically.

So no mantter how you look at it -40 is just d*mned cold

RedJada

Holy crap Devo, it gets any colder your going to need a new thermometer. Kinda gives a new meaning to cold smoking....Stay warm

JZ

Probably best to stay inside and kick back with some hot buttered rum and cruise the forums. :)

beefmann

you  know it is cold when the thermometer says - 40c...- 40 f .. rice crispies  steps  out and says .. Snap Crackle,,,, BURRRRRRRR!!!!!!

EZ Smoker

But wait, this was a great opportunity to finally make that smoked ice we've all been wanting to try!
It may seem like I'm rubbing salt in the wound, but the truth is I'm trying to cure it.

Mr Walleye

That's definitely cold Devo.

We are -37 with the wind chill right now and by tomorrow morning it's supposed to be -50C with the wind chill.

... and I'm doing ribs tomorrow on the GMG! It just goes through a little more pellets when it's a little chilly.  ::)

Now get out there and smoke something Devo.  ;D With our weather you can't afford to miss any weekends!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

devo

Ya you darn westerners just keep that cold stuff to yourself,s It has warmed up for a day around here just so it could dump more snow on us. Suppose to get down to the same temps your getting in a day or so. It's been so cold lately the bush workers have stopped shipping wood chips to the paper mill and our stock pile is getting very low so I just might have some extra time for smoking in the cold weather  ;D

Good luck with your ribs Mike

TedEbear

The average high/low for my area around this date is 39/21*F.  Tomorrow night it is supposed to drop down to -11*F and up to 12" of snow with howling winds to boot.  Sounds like a great opportunity for some cold smoking although I think I'll stay inside and watch football playoffs. 

I'm going to do a Google search and see if I can find any vidoes of the 1967 Ice Bowl game with the Packers.  The temp was -15*F and wind chills of -48*F.

On another note, my daughter moved to Hawaii a little over a year ago.  In her blog the other day she mentioned her new snorkling gear that she got for Christmas and wanted to try out.  She said she'd have to wait because it was 70*F and too cold.   ;D

tskeeter

Quote from: JZ on January 03, 2014, 03:12:54 PM
Probably best to stay inside and kick back with some hot buttered rum and cruise the forums. :)

Oh, sorry!  I thought you said check out cruises to someplace warm.