Canadian bacon Woodlawn style

Started by WoodlawnSmoker, January 04, 2014, 12:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodlawnSmoker

Finished smoking my first Canadian bacon with pork loin.  I used Habanero's cure recipe but added maple syrup and peppercorns.  I gave it about 2 1/2 hours of alder, the smell in the kitchen is wonderful.  Can't wait to dive in once I let it sit for a day or two.  I was going to say I'm set with Canadian bacon for awhile, but I have a feeling this will disappear fast, damn what a great, addicting hobby.

NorthShoreMN

Those look great. You may as well start watching for deals on
pork loin.  They will not last long.  Once you are used to the Good Stuff dry spells
are no fun.
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

UncleAl

Looks really good another thing added to my todo list.

ragweed

Saber 4

Looks good, another aisle to pass up in the grocery store. :)

PapaC

Good job! Looks like a tasty success. I've got to do some myself very soon. Enjoy!
I'm just a social smoker, I can quit any time I want.

Greg E

Looks great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

renoman

Nice lookin' bacon. Sunday mornings are Eggs Benedict mornings around here once I started making back bacon

WoodlawnSmoker

Quote from: renoman on January 04, 2014, 04:40:41 PM
Nice lookin' bacon. Sunday mornings are Eggs Benedict mornings around here once I started making back bacon

Thanks guys, wish I had found this smoker earlier, but I plan to make up for it in a hurry.

Yeah, Eggs Benedict is for sure on the menu soon, can't wait.  Our plan for tomorrow morning is to make what the English call bacon butty sandwiches, several slices of back bacon with tomatoes and brown sauce in between toasted crusty rolls.  mmmm

Saber 4

Quote from: WoodlawnSmoker on January 04, 2014, 05:01:58 PM

Thanks guys, wish I had found this smoker earlier, but I plan to make up for it in a hurry.

Yeah, Eggs Benedict is for sure on the menu soon, can't wait.  Our plan for tomorrow morning is to make what the English call bacon butty sandwiches, several slices of back bacon with tomatoes and brown sauce in between toasted crusty rolls.  mmmm

Translate "brown sauce" please, are you referring to a brown gravy or a bacon/redeye type gravy????

WoodlawnSmoker

Quote from: Saber 4 on January 04, 2014, 05:16:08 PM
Quote from: WoodlawnSmoker on January 04, 2014, 05:01:58 PM

Translate "brown sauce" please, are you referring to a brown gravy or a bacon/redeye type gravy????

Ah, sorry, in my case brown sauce means HP Sauce Bold.  Any Brits reading this will be annoyed at me but brown sauce is essentially molasses, tomatoes, dates, vinegar and pepper mixture. 

Saber 4

thanks I was curious, sounds like a breakfast my wife would like.

tailfeathers

Have you ever tried marmite? I have a friend who relocated here from England and had me try it on toast, it was pretty good stuff and when I saw your reference to Brits and brown sauce it reminded me of that stuff. I may have yo try to find some to try on my Canadian bacon muffins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

WoodlawnSmoker

Interesting, nope, never heard of marmite, had to look it up.  It does sound good though.

The sandwiches turned out excellent, great taste.  No, this stuff won't last long.

tailfeathers

Tell me about it! I've started doing two full loins at a time when I do Canadian bacon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!