Whats the best method for finishing wings?

Started by irish_smoker, June 19, 2006, 06:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_smoker

I made some wings over the weekend that turned out great.  My question is whether or not it would be ok to smoke the wings, vacuum seal them, and store in the freezer/fridge one day.  The next day, throw them on the grill to finish them and baste on some bbq sauce.  Would this work out alright?  Should I thaw out the wings before putting on the grill the next day?  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Wings:
Filled 2 racks with wings, dusted with some Rosemary/Garlic and some Cayenne.  Smoked for 2 hours using Hickory with the box at about 200-210, they're done when you pierce them and the juices run clear.  Pulled them out and tossed them onto a Medium heat grill and basted with sweet baby rays.  Turned out great, had the neighbors strolling over for a taste as well.

Habanero Smoker

Glad your wings turned out alright.

I see no problem in what you want to do. You will probably notice that they will taste better. If you are only going to store them for one day, placing them into a resealable plastic bag and refrigerating would be sufficient. For long term storage, I would vacuum seal and freeze. If the wings are frozen, I would thaw them first, before placing on the grill.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

irish_smoker