• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Been a while

Started by MRH, January 10, 2014, 07:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRH

Hey Guys!!!  Have some venison bacon in my Bradley as we speak and did a small brisket earlier today. So giving it a workout ;)   Figured I would at least pop in and say hi since it has been so long!

Mark

Saber 4

Love the sound of that venison bacon, Pictures????

ragweed

Hi back at ya, Mark!  Say, that venison bacon sounds very interesting.  How about some details.

MRH

No pics,,,,,,  Sorry  :(  Anyway  I used a mix 50/50 ground deer and pork.. Bought some seasoning from Curleys out of Fairbank IA and mixed.  Then I put it in a saran wrap lined foil pan and let it sit in the refrigerator over night for the cure to do its thing and set up.  Today I flipped it over on the rack and peeled off the saran wrap then into the Bradley.  I dried it at 130 for a hour and a half then bumped it up to 150 for 4 hours of hickory smoke.  I have it in the oven finishing now to get to 152 IT.  When it is done I will put it in the refrigerator and slice in the morning.  This a formed bacon like the Sizzlelean stuff.  I will be curious to see how it comes out, this is the first time using this seasoning but I have heard good things about it.

Mark

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Snoopy

welcome back, i'm sure it's the same as when you left though, no pics, didn't happen lol

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Snoopy on January 12, 2014, 12:18:04 AM
welcome back, i'm sure it's the same as when you left though, no pics, didn't happen lol

Actually that is not the way it was, when Mark signed up.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tenpoint5

Hey Mark nice to see you back around! I see you survived the cold snap we had
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Snoopy

Ahh just pokin fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk