• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cure

Started by hutcho, January 20, 2014, 09:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

Quote from: hutcho on February 01, 2014, 07:06:19 AM
Can you use tender quick in exchange for the cure that comes with the high mountain seasoning?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I'm not sure but I would think you'd be pretty salty.

hutcho

Thats what im afraid of.  Think im gonna just use jaegers.  Make it by the book for a little and mix up my own too...

Saber 4

Quote from: hutcho on February 01, 2014, 10:15:30 AM
Thats what im afraid of.  Think im gonna just use jaegers.  Make it by the book for a little and mix up my own too...

That sounds like a better plan to me for sure. I'm down a little bit of Hi Mtn breakfast seasonings then it's all home recipes after that.

hutcho

I just had a bunch I didnt want to go to waste...

Saber 4

Quote from: hutcho on February 01, 2014, 11:44:37 AM
I just had a bunch I didnt want to go to waste...

I threw a couple bags of their cure away because it was so salty I didn't want to take a chance on ruining a project with meat so expensive now. I made a batch of their brats one with cure and one fresh and the fresh were good but the cured and smoked was to salty for our taste.

hutcho

Yeah it really is mostly crap.  I did actually like the hunter blend, at least on jerky it wasnt really salty at all.  This run was just to shakedown all the new equipment.   Just bought a tube of GB but I will just hope the new grinder works flawlessly.   Gonna be ordering my seasonings for brats and smoked sausage and probably summer sausage from waltons here shortly. 

tailfeathers

I gave away all my pre-packaged jerky cures and seasonings and just go with recipes from here. Way better results and way cheaper to boot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!