A "super bowl" dip

Started by pokermeister, January 22, 2014, 02:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pokermeister

More outside the box thinking. I tried putting a meat rub in sour cream for a chip dip. You need about a Tablespoon of rub (more or less to taste) for each cup of sour cream, mix well. Jan's rub was one of the ones I tried, and it tastes great. If you want a small sample, use one Tablespoon of sour cream and 1/4 teaspoon rub. You can mix up several to see which one you like best in a cupcake pan. Try this!!
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

ragweed

Just happen to have some cream cheese leftover from the last time I made ABT's.  And, of course, I've got Jan's rub.  Great idea!  Thanks for posting.

Saber 4

Sounds good, I bet you could come up with some really good "ranch" style salad dressings with the same thinking.

pokermeister

Didn't think about ranch or cream cheese, have to try those!!

Saber 4

It's probably to late for this super bowl but if you smoke a couple of blocks of Velveeta, after it rests for a couple of weeks it makes a heck of a good hot dip melted with Rotels diced tomatoes and peppers.

ragweed

Quote from: ragweed on January 22, 2014, 04:05:07 PM
Just happen to have some cream cheese leftover from the last time I made ABT's.  And, of course, I've got Jan's rub.  Great idea!  Thanks for posting.

Pokermeister,  Guess I don't read very well in my old age or with these bi-focals.  I read your OP as "cream cheese" instead of "sour cream".  Oh well, think they'll both work, but I'm headin' to the store to get SOUR CREAM.  Again, thx for posting.

pokermeister

First post was with sour cream, but the replies suggested cream cheese and also ranch. I only know that the sour cream and a nice rub are great! Haven't tried the ranch and cream cheese YET.