Digital smoker

Started by Ken C., March 31, 2014, 01:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken C.

...just wondering, how long have you had your digital smoker...??

Smoker John

Going on 3 years, no mods
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

RAF128

Have had mine for three years.  6 rack. Only added a PID.  Make a lot of sausage. 

tskeeter

I'm starting into three years.

I'm thinking this thing ought to run for years and years.

NorthShoreMN

4 years ,original no problems other than door hinges
Which were replaced with 30" hinge.
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Saber 4

Mine's going on a year, no mods, no problems, lot's of smokes through it.

Toker

I have too many here (won't tell you how many because you will think I'M crazy :) ) but my older is a 2007 and still doing great.

ragweed

Mine's not a digi (OBS) but I've had it since 2008.

KyNola

2007-no issues, same element.

hutcho

2-3 years.  Bought it used though so it may have more years on it.  No issues so far.  Running PID, dual elements, have a fan uninstalled and an  a maze n smoker on the way....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

CoreyMac

Digital 4 rack here, 4 yrs. Same element, cold smoke adapter. I just got a PID last month. No problems ever.

Corey

Caneyscud

2008 - no problems at all - and no mods.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Maximus1959

Smoker #1
Mid Oct 2013 - Died during the 6th time using it. Exchanged at Cabela's for another. 6 rack

Smoker #2
Mid January 2014 - Died during the 3rd time using it. Bradley sent me another one for free. 6 rack

Smoker #3
Received it in March 2014 - I have used it twice. 6 rack

Personally; I would never purchase another Bradley product. I live in Washington State (Seattle area). I believe the moisture (rain) is a major factor when using a Bradley. I cook in my garage with the garage door half open. It is the only way I can use it. When I cook outside on a clear day (no rain 45-65 degrees outside temp); the Seattle moisture in the air affects the smoker performance. I find my units cannot reach temperature. Cook times take way to long. Something that should take 8 hours in Texas, will take 14-16 hours where I live. I have read too many negative comments about Bradley units on this forum. If I am spending $600 plus the cost of the consumables; I should not have to add heating elements, etc. I feel like I should be able to cook with confidence and feel like my unit is reliable. These units are incredibly sensitive. I thought the Bradley was designed as a simple solution to produce good quality smoked food, with little hassle. IMO- These units are a total hassle to use, and need constant monitoring and cooking technique.

I'm going to sell my on Craigslist and buy a Traeger by Summer. If anyone is interested in purchasing mine; please give send me a message. I think their CRAP!

KyNola

Quote from: Maximus1959 on April 04, 2014, 02:05:34 AM
Smoker #1
Mid Oct 2013 - Died during the 6th time using it. Exchanged at Cabela's for another. 6 rack

Smoker #2
Mid January 2014 - Died during the 3rd time using it. Bradley sent me another one for free. 6 rack

Smoker #3
Received it in March 2014 - I have used it twice. 6 rack

Personally; I would never purchase another Bradley product. I live in Washington State (Seattle area). I believe the moisture (rain) is a major factor when using a Bradley. I cook in my garage with the garage door half open. It is the only way I can use it. When I cook outside on a clear day (no rain 45-65 degrees outside temp); the Seattle moisture in the air affects the smoker performance. I find my units cannot reach temperature. Cook times take way to long. Something that should take 8 hours in Texas, will take 14-16 hours where I live. I have read too many negative comments about Bradley units on this forum. If I am spending $600 plus the cost of the consumables; I should not have to add heating elements, etc. I feel like I should be able to cook with confidence and feel like my unit is reliable. These units are incredibly sensitive. I thought the Bradley was designed as a simple solution to produce good quality smoked food, with little hassle. IMO- These units are a total hassle to use, and need constant monitoring and cooking technique.

I'm going to sell my on Craigslist and buy a Traeger by Summer. If anyone is interested in purchasing mine; please give send me a message. I think their CRAP!
I'm sorry that you had trouble with your Bradley smoker and I guess I can understand why you think they're crap but in fairness and full disclosure, isn't smoker #2 the one that you had a grease fire in, burned up the interior, melted the door seal, ruined your beef tenderloin and Bradley promptly replaced your smoker for you?

NePaSmoKer

Maybe you need to address Bradley directly instead of negativity on their forum? Stuff like this will get our forum shut down

IMHO 95% of the hassles are from users not knowing how the Bradley operates.