July 4th!

Started by gpsmoker, July 04, 2006, 03:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpsmoker

Just wanted to wish all American friends on the forum a Happy 4th of July! Have a great day and hope you are all smoking up some tasty dishes to celebrate with.  :) :) :) :)

Greg
When it's brown its cooking....when its black its done!

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

Oldman

Thanks and we are a smokin' two briskets since last night 10 pm.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

Thanks.

No smoking today. Have to attend to other activities, and do some resting.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

asa

Thanks Greg. Finishing up two butts, a rack of spareribs, and a  cured brisket for pastrami.

Art
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

manxman

Hope you guys all had a good Canada Day and July 4th Day respectively.  ;D

It is our turn today, we celebrate our National Day with an outdoor meeting of our Parliament, Tynwald, the oldest continuous parliament in the world together with a host of other events including Viking longboat races and re-enactments of the Viking invasion in the 8th century AD....... plunder and pillage and all that!!

Me? It's a glorious day and I'm off fishin' with my two boys.......... ;D
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.

manxman

QuoteEnjoy your day.

Thanks HS
Manxman

asa

Quote from: manxman on July 05, 2006, 03:28:39 AM
Me? It's a glorious day and I'm off fishin' with my two boys..........

Hope you had good success plundering and pillaging in the briny deep.
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

manxman

QuoteHope you had good success plundering and pillaging in the briny deep.

Oh yes, good haul of fish and lobster plus we got to see 13 basking shark up to about 22 foot in length. These are harmless plankton eaters but are the second biggest fish in the world growing to about 35 foot...... an awesome site. They are protected now in many parts of the world including the Isle of Man, UK and US.

We had 6 around the boat at one stage, just takes your breath away!

http://www.isleofman.com/Science/Animals/Fish/Basking%20Sharks.aspx
Manxman

3rensho

Wow, thanks for the link Paul.  Those are impressive critters.  Must be doubly so up close and personal.  From head on with the mouth open they look like something from an old Startrek episode I remember.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: manxman on July 06, 2006, 01:53:26 AM
We had 6 around the boat at one stage, just takes your breath away!

That had to be one heck of an experience.

I need to tweak some settings on either my firewall or Semantic software, the pictures are not showing when I connect to the site.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

manxman

QuoteFrom head on with the mouth open they look like something from an old Startrek episode I remember

mmmmm........ from that angle they always remind me of an ex girlfriend I had many moons ago.  :-[ Thing is, the moonlight was'nt too bad, it was seeing her in broad daylight that was the scary thing. ;D

Needless to say the relationship didn't even last the summer holidays and she is probaly telling similar stories about me!  ;)
Manxman

tsquared

That shot didn't remind me of my ex so much as it did of her lawyer! :D Sounds like you had a good day. Viking pillage as an annual tradition--somehow that's got more pizzaz than our fireworks and beer!
T2

manxman

QuoteThat shot didn't remind me of my ex so much as it did of her lawyer!

This

http://www3.sympatico.ca/jcomely/great-white-shark-picture-014.jpg

reminds me of lawyers!! ;D  Basking shark are such gentle sedate creatures apart from when they rub up against the boat and take the antifouling off!! :o
Manxman