• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pork Butt dilemna

Started by SmokingKS, June 14, 2014, 10:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokingKS

So I am going to smoke a butt for tomorrow and was going to start tonight.  Rain is in the forcast, so it looks like I need to smoke it tomorrow.  I am a little worried, because my first butt on the Bradley was pulled at 10:30pm.  Any suggestions on how I can smoke my 8.5 pound butt and pull it around 6 at the latest?

ragweed

I'd start it right now and finish it in your house oven when the rains come.  If it gets done early, you can pull it and crock pot it 'til time to eat.

SmokingKS

I would  but will be gone most of evening.

KyNola

Take a shot at this.  Get your pork butt in the Bradley by 6AM, apply 4 hours of smoke at 225-250.  At the end of the smoking period wrap the butt in foil, place it in a roasting pan(no lid or cover) and place the pan in a 250 degree preheated house oven.  With the butt foil wrapped it should power right through the stall period.

Hopefully you have a thermometer where you can monitor the internal temp of the butt.

SmokingKS

Thanks for the advise.  Its now wrapped in the oven at 250 and is pork is at 169. 

My Maverick has been having trouble turning off and on.  If I lose the link then it won't sync or turnoff.  Having to take out battery and even then the thing won't turn back on.  Currently its on, but not synced with reciever, but I don't want to mess with it in case it doesnt turn back on.  Anyone have similair problems.  Only used it 5 times, but it has only worked well that first cook.