Well butter my butt & call me a biscuit!

Started by Chez Bubba, July 17, 2006, 06:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chez Bubba

As any of you who have spent any time here already know, I am a big dry/moist-rub fan. Marination was the preferred method here & just slapping sauce on the meat at the last part had no place at my table.

That was until I opened a little jar that had been sitting in my kitchen for a few months. This weekend I decided to grill some chicken parts & slather them with this concoction during the latter part of cooking. I did not spice the meat in any other way.

Oh my God!!!! That was a fantastic meal! :P :P Nothing like the sugar-laden, fake smoke flavored crap I can buy locally. This had great depth, nice heat & terrific balance, and it complimented the food, didn't overwhelm it. We ate until we were miserable.

Sauce will never have a place in my pulled pork, but my eyes have been opened to its' applications in other foods. I plan to order some more soon & until somebody can knock the king from the throne, will never use anything else. In fact, I predict this household will go through 10 times the BBQ sauce as it has in the last 10 years combined. Heck, I think we're gonna have chicken again next weekend....or maybe country style ribs.

My sauce? None other than our esteemed member Iceman's "Goose Bay Company Spicy". I know Wasilla, AK is a long way to go, but when it's that good, it's worth it. Do yourself a favor & get some. (No, we don't sell it, you'll have to contact Patrick directly.)

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

QuoteIceman's "Goose Bay Company Spicy"

Amen....  I thought so much of it I took it to the corporate office of one of account who are a large food chain.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Thanks guys. Coming from you it means a great deal to me. ;) ;D

manxman

Hey Iceman, when are you going to start exporting to this side of the pond!!!!  :D
Manxman

pfowl01

Hey Iceman,

Your sauce sounds like it's a hit where can i get some?

asa

Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

iceman

asa & pfowl01;
I'm not set up to ship to the lower 48 but will do so for forum members.
E-mail me your address and I'll have Ann send you some sauce. It comes in a 16 oz. drinking mug so you get a beer mug when your done with the sauce. I don't know what the mail charge would be but can find out if you want.

icerat4

Please do ice .the oink rub was GGGGGGGrrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaaatttttt.Ill surly pay for some of the sauce.If ya dont have my mailing address still pm me and let me know.Ill trade ya some sauce for some chicago pizza and hot dogs.Via fed ex . ;D.Let me know ice thanks. ;)

Just another weekend with the smoker...

iceman

Rat; e-mail me your address also. I'm not in Anchorage so I'll have to get it to Ann. Send e-mails to: ([email protected]).

begolf25

Chez,

I received some sauce and rub from Pat awhile back but I have been busy and haven't had a chance to use it.  Your post made me get in gear this weekend and grill up some chicken.  Boy am I glad I did. 

Pat, your sauce was great.  As soon as I go through what I have I will be back for more.  Great work!!!

jimguy

Iceman, do you sell your sauce in state? I live in Healy, about 200 miles up the Parks from Wasilla and shop mainly in Fairbanks.

iceman

Quote from: jimguy on July 30, 2006, 02:22:01 PM
Iceman, do you sell your sauce in state? I live in Healy, about 200 miles up the Parks from Wasilla and shop mainly in Fairbanks.
E-mail me your address and I'll send some up to you jimguy.

iceman

Hi guys.
Anybody that ordered sauce from me should be getting it by the end of the week. It all went out yesterday priority flat rate USPS. Just thought you'd like to know. Have a great week everyone.

Chez Bubba

http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Vampyr

Iceman,

I live in Palmer, AK and am really getting into smoking / Q-ing.  I just read the post about the sauce and was wondering where you were located so that i might pick some up.  It sounds great!!  I am gonna attempt my first boston butt this weekend (crosses fingers).