ATB's & Not So ATB's

Started by waycoolcat, August 09, 2014, 05:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waycoolcat

I made the typical stuffed jalapeno's with a cream cheese, diced shrimp mixture and wrapped them with my own smoked bacon. However, my fiancee thinks jalapeƱos are too hot so I made some with small sweet peppers too. I gave them 2 hours of pecan smoke and a total of three hours in the smoker at 210F.
I want to be a better carnivore!

barbquebec

TedEbear

Looks pretty good.  Instead of toothpicks I read somewhere that you can use uncooked spaghetti noodles.  They cook along with the ABTs and you can then eat the whole thing.

waycoolcat

Thanks guys. TedEbear I'll try the spaghetti idea next time I make them. Also, I noticed I didn't name them properly ABT not ATB, at home here we prefer to call them stuffed peppers.  ;)
I want to be a better carnivore!

pensrock

I have made them using many different peppers, Jalapenos, small sweet peppers, Habs, Chilis and probably a few others. they are all good! Yours look great as well.  :)
I have also taken pickled pepperoncini peppers and cut a small slit in the side and using a stuffing bag filled with a mixture of cream cheese and cooked bacon bits. These will disappear fast!  :)

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: TedEbear on August 09, 2014, 07:03:07 AM
Looks pretty good.  Instead of toothpicks I read somewhere that you can use uncooked spaghetti noodles.  They cook along with the ABTs and you can then eat the whole thing.

I've done the spaghetti thing several times with mixed results. The moisture in the ABT softens the spaghetti to the point where it won't hold the bacon around the pepper until the bacon sets, and then any noodle that sticks out past the bacon far enough to hold the bacon, is hard and dry to the point that it might as well be a toothpick. Ouch. Going back to toothpicks.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.