New smoker issues...

Started by 2_many_hobbies, January 05, 2015, 08:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2_many_hobbies

What number or contact do i use to contact Bradley?  My wife got me the 6 rack smoker for Christmas. When I opened the box I realized that the door was dented. Possibly from shipping but who knows, could have been there before that. I was bummed about it, just the fact it was new but now dented, but i let that go since it didn't effect the smoking. Well i have but about 30 hours worth of use on it so far. My temps are way off, about 40 degrees, (i knew this before, planned on a pid anyway) the door is dented, and now the bisquette  burner will not get hot. (i checked the plug ins)  it just cycles them through without burning them.

would like to contact them, as well as looking for suggestions. my original plan was to add a fan and pid to the smoker, but with all the issues I'm wondering if its worth all the extra work....

TedEbear

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with your new smoker.  Here's a link to their contact information:

Bradley Smoker North America

dave01

any problem is a bummer but I think yours should be easy enough to fix. Bradley is pretty good about taking care of their customers. Have you cleaned the bisquette burner? Are you preheating it long enough? Are you using an extension cord and if so is it heavy enough would be some of the things to look at

Gafala

One other thing you can do is take the bottom outside screws and check all the connections inside the digital box, I had this happen to me once it was the burner plug not all the way plug in, no more problems sense then and that has been over a year and a half ago.  :)
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

2_many_hobbies

Thanks for the contact.

Burner is not dirty to clean, not preheating long enough wont help cause it does not work at all. Plugged in to a 12/3 yellow jacket extension cord, which runs the block heater on my diesel and it is always working. so im sure its fine.

renoman

Quote from: 2_many_hobbies on January 06, 2015, 05:08:23 AM
Thanks for the contact.

Burner is not dirty to clean, not preheating long enough wont help cause it does not work at all. Plugged in to a 12/3 yellow jacket extension cord, which runs the block heater on my diesel and it is always working. so im sure its fine.

The extension cord idea is over rated. Think about it. The receptacle you plug into could be a 60-70 ft. run of 14/2 through your house to the breaker panel with maybe a half a dozen junctions in between (like mine) but the 10 foot extension cord is to blame? I doubt it. Unless you are using a lamp cord or something.