Looking for new chicken recipe for BBQ

Started by SmokeyDanW, June 07, 2018, 01:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokeyDanW

Hey Guys BBQ season is open. I need some nice new recipe for chicke breast for BBQ. Any ideas?

TMB

Use one stick real butter 2 Tbs of Mrs.Dash blend together (let cool a little) then inject into the meat set in fridge for a few hrs save remaining butter mix to brush on when smoking

Make sure you dry any moister off of skin before you inject.

When ready to smoke set temp around 250 to 270 brush with butter mix and smoke till 165 IT you may need to brush twice during cook.
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Gafala

Quote from: TMB on June 07, 2018, 05:55:28 AM
Use one stick real butter 2 Tbs of Mrs.Dash blend together (let cool a little) then inject into the meat set in fridge for a few hrs save remaining butter mix to brush on when smoking

When ready to smoke set temp around 250 to 270 brush with butter mix and smoke till 165 IT you may need to brush twice during cook.

I use about the same but add 2 tablespoons of chicken broth.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

TMB

Quote from: Gafala on June 07, 2018, 09:53:42 AM
Quote from: TMB on June 07, 2018, 05:55:28 AM

I use about the same but add 2 tablespoons of chicken broth.
Good idea I'll have to try that
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Edward176

Hey there SmokeyDanW and welcome to the forum. TMB and Gafala have both given great suggestions for Chicken Breasts, I've tried a variation of them myself and they turn out fabulous. For the BBQ I've also taken my chicken breasts, some skinless and boneless too, and placed them in a brine (1/4 cup Kosher salt dissolved in 1 Liter cold water in a shallow baking dish, or zip lock bag - for a maximum of 2 hours, I find 30 to 60 minutes will work fine). Rinse them off under cold running water, pat dry with a paper towel and lightly oil them with your favourite cooking oil. You can spice them up with whatever spices you like, just remember not to salt them since they were brined in salt already and adding more salt may make them too salty. Then onto the grill. You can also cook the chicken breasts any way you like once it's been brined, like grilling, smoking, broiling, pan-searing are all fine options with brined cuts.

BBQ Tom

I usually do whole chicken, not quite as much threat off drying out. I have brined a lot in the past and you end up with a fine silky finished product, just a little more time invested. The last several years I starting rubbing the bird with olive oil and then use my favorite rub, or should I say the easiest to come by (Weber... Kickn Chicken) or make my own. Oh by the way I've been meaning to try this. Amazon has a lot of flavored olive oils, looks really good.Don't know what cooker your planning on using but temp @ 350-425 or so you'll be ready to eat around the 2 hourish mark give or take a little. Depending on variables of BBQing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk