Best way to store pork butts

Started by MI Smoker1, August 25, 2006, 11:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MI Smoker1

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for all the information I've recieved from this forum.  I got my BS for Christmas last year and have read a lot from this forum.  This info has helped me out a bunch!  I am going to smoke 2 pork butts 13 lbs. total.  Going to start them tonight and they should be done tomorrow between 1:00-3:00 pm.  Then to FTC until we are ready to eat (between 6:00 & 7:00pm).  I really only need one of the butts for tomorrow, what should I do with the other one.  I have a vacuum sealer.  Should I pull both butts and vacuum seal the other one.  Or is there a good way of preserving it, I could use another one next weekend.  Would anyone advise freezing it til next weekend, also if I did that what would be the preferred method of warming it up without drying the meat out.  Thanks in advance.  -MI Smoker

iceman

MI;
If it was me, I would go ahead and pull both of them then vacuum seal the shredded extras along with drippings, juice, broth etc. If your going to eat the left overs next weekend just toss them in the fridge. Any longer and I would freeze them.