Getting Rid of My Black Bradley

Started by DADAKOTA, May 23, 2023, 08:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DADAKOTA

With the kiddos all out of the house the old Black Bradley just does not get used anymore.  Got tons of various bisquettes, extra element, extra racks, mats, etc.  Any suggestions on where to sell it all?  Is there much of a used market?  Be best if it was getting used by someone.

Habanero Smoker

Sorry to hear your Bradley will not be used by you.

This is a good time of year to sell it. A lot depends on how much time you have to sell it. If you don't have a problem with storing it until it is sold, you can post it on this board in the "For Sale, Trade, or Barter" section under "Smoke Related Items". But I haven't seen too many items get sold through this method - though it is one way. You can try other forums, just be aware of their polices on posting something for sale. You may have luck on forums that are geared towards pellet grills, gas grills, or even forums that are geared towards charcuterie or the AmazingRibs forum. Often you will see posts on these forums on how to increase smoke flavor. With the Bradley they could enhance their smoke flavor. If the person cannot pick it up, shipping cost could be financially prohibitive.

Selling local would be the best alternative. Word of mouth, is a great source. If you have made smoked food for your friends or other family members; let them know you are selling your Bradley. If they are not in the market, ask them to spread the word. If your area has a local trade paper that circulates grocery weekly flyers etc; they also publish wanted or for sale items. That would be a good place to publish the sale. The town I live in sends out emails by residents to the town subscribers. With that system one can request that an email be sent out, letting those know you have a Bradley for sale. Making flyers and posting them on public bulletin boards that are located in many stores, post offices, and libraries, may help.

I haven't tried selling anything on eBay in a long time, but you can look into what their policies are on selling used items.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

watchdog56

What kind is it? digital? How much are you asking?

DADAKOTA

I was going to ask $100 for the entire lot.  Decided I'd just give it to one of my best buddies.  He used to do some smoking with a stick burner, but never liked having to constantly monitor the fire box.  It will be back in use like it should be.

Habanero Smoker

Glad to see that the Bradley will remain active.

The recipient of the Bradley is lucky to have you as a friend!

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)