Mr. Fuzzybear's Salmon Recipe

Started by David6340, July 27, 2004, 05:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David6340

Mr. Fuzzybear,
I've made your marinade and have 8 skinless salmon filets soaking in it since 10:30 this morning. If I wanted to start smoking them today at about 3:00pm would that be enough marinade time, (4 1/2 hours)?

Thanks,
Dave

Fuzzybear

I've never done them less than 8 hours but what the heck..try it out and let me know...I may need to do it sometime too!

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by David6340</i>
<br /><b><font size="3">Mr</font id="size3">.</b> Fuzzybear,<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Wow, that's a forum first!![:D][:D][;)][:)]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

David6340

We just had a great dinner after using Fuzzybear's recipe for skinless salmon filets. 4 1/2 hour marinade worked fine. 3 1/2 hours at 150 - 175. Maple bisquettes. Best salmon we've ever had!!! Thank you again <font color="red"><b>Mr</b></font id="red">. Fuzzybear! (My mother always told me to have respect for age. I'm 53)
I love my Bradley[:)]

Fuzzybear

Glad it turned out well for you....I love the simple recipe for two reasons:  (1) simple (2) more on the sweeter side rather than the salty side.

Yeah, Mr. Bradley did good for us!

Kirk:  I am getting older you know!  "Mr." is inevitable[8]

Glendora, CA - USA!

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by David6340</i>
<br /><b><font size="3">Mr</font id="size3">.</b> Fuzzybear,<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Wow, that's a forum first!![:D][:D][;)][:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hey, he coulda called him <font size="3">Miss</font id="size3">[;)]

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Eat This

David......after this attempt you say you love your bradley.....after your first attempt you were lookin to sell big time......glad you stuck through it....Im sure I will have to learn as well but I actually look forward to my mistakes to learn from them

David6340

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eat This</i>
<br />David......after this attempt you say you love your bradley.....after your first attempt you were lookin to sell big time......glad you stuck through it....Im sure I will have to learn as well but I actually look forward to my mistakes to learn from them
Well, you are right. I got off to a rocky start, overloading untrimmed spare ribs. Out of frustration, I even ordered a WSM. But I decided to be persistent with the Bradley and rebounded with a delicious, skinless turkey breast and over this last weekend, two 7 pound pork butts for pulled pork that came out great. It is trial and error and you are so correct when you say, learn from your mistakes.

BigRed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Fuzzybear</i>
<br />Glad it turned out well for you....I love the simple recipe for two reasons:  (1) simple (2) more on the sweeter side rather than the salty side.

Yeah, Mr. Bradley did good for us!

Kirk:  I am getting older you know!  "Mr." is inevitable[8]

Glendora, CA - USA!

HOW DO I FIND MR. FUZZBEARS SALMON MARINADE?
BIGRED

BigRED

nsxbill

I copied it when I read it.  It is as follows: <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Salmon Brine Marinade

Brine:
1/2 cup salt (your choice)
2 cups brown sugar
6 cups water
(we like our fish less on the salty side and more on the sweeter side)

Stir till mixed in a large bowl or pan.

Fish:
2 - 2lb fillets cut into 1 1/2 inch wide (across the fillet) strips
Cut fish into strips, place in brine and cover with a plate (keep all the fish in the brine)

Fish will soak for 6 to 24 hours - sorry, have not made my mind up how long I want to stay awake tonight!

Will smoke at 150-170 degrees for up to 4 hours with either maple or apple wood - have not made up my mind there yet either but I am leaning towards the maple since I used brown sugar....I'll let you guys know tomorrow how things turn out!

A later quote and testimonials, including mine, reflect it is a great way to prepare salmon.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by David6340</i>
<br />(My mother always told me to have respect for age. I'm 53)
I love my Bradley[:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I agree Mr. David.[;)][:)]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

whitetailfan

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][;)]

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

BigRed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />I copied it when I read it.  It is as follows: <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Salmon Brine Marinade

Brine:
2 cups brown sugar
6 cups water

Fish:
Cut fish into strips, place in brine and cover with a plate (keep all the fish in the brine)

Fish will soak for 6 to 24 hours - sorry, have not made my mind up how long I want to stay awake tonight!

Will smoke at 150-170 degrees for up to 4 hours with either maple or apple wood - have not made up my mind there yet either but I am leaning towards the maple since I used brown sugar....I'll let you guys know tomorrow how things turn out!

A later quote and testimonials, including mine, reflect it is a great way to prepare salmon.

Bill

Thanks for the recipt!! I have to build up the courage to try it!!

BigRedRon

BigRED

nsxbill

Just too easy!

I have a fan blowing across my salmon right now for second time around and looking for pellicle.  Will be using Alder only.

I know you will enjoy this recipe irregardless how you prepare.  It is pretty foolproof.  Rember to watch the temp.  If you have white boogers on the flesh, turn down the heat.

I am going to try the following this time(from Bradley Recipe):

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Start the Bradley Smoker at a very low temperature, 40°C to 60°C (100°F to120°F), for 1 to 2 hours. After the first couple of hours increase temperature to 70°C (140°F) for 2 to 4 hours. Finish at 80°C (175°F) for 1 to 2 hours.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Nothing in concrete, but want to try somthing a little different and will be adding some spice and maybe some fresh dill on top this time.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

BigRed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />I copied it when I read it.  It is as follows:
QuoteSalmon Brine Marinade

Brine:
2 cups brown sugar
6 cups water

Fish:

Bill

BILL!

THANK YOU!  I WILL TRY THIS SOON. THE NEXT THREE WEEK ENDS HAVE RIBS,
SMOKED HAMBURGERS (AWESOME) AND PULLED PORK BUTT! THIS BS IS MAKING ME INTO A FANATIC!

BIGREDRON

BigRED