How Cold are you?

Started by West Coast Kansan, November 29, 2006, 10:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Kansan

AOL Weather Advisory!
THURSDAY... A FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 8 AM PST THURSDAY. IN AREAS PROTECTED FROM THE WIND...AWAY FROM THE IMMEDIATE COAST...MAY EXPERIENCE UP TO 5 HOURS OF TEMPERATURES BELOW 32 DEGREES EARLY THURSDAY MORNING. A FROST ADVISORY MEANS THAT FROST IS POSSIBLE. SENSITIVE OUTDOOR PLANTS MAY BE KILLED IF LEFT UNCOVERED.

gotta start the furnace, this aint nice!

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

owrstrich

it is 44deg in yuma az at midnight... had to pull out the windpants and hoody tonight...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Wildcat

67 degrees in Pensacola, Florida this AM.  Going to play a round of golf before the rain sets in.  We are expected to get to 32 - 35 by Saturday AM.  Glad to be in the South during winter.  Olds should have even better temps.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Malc

63 in NE Ohio this morning, but... they say the cold is on its way.
http://www.wunderground.com/US/OH/Youngstown.html

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

Oldman

Don't want to make you all feel bad but we are running the A/C as I'm typing this out~~!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Malc

QuoteDon't want to make you all feel bad but we are running the A/C as I'm typing this out~~!
Actually, as a kid that was the one thing I hated about living in Florida...no real seasons to speak of.  It got cold sometimes, but I love the change in weather we get here in Ohio.  In fact sometimes we get all four seasons in one day.  I was at a track meet a couple of years ago when the weather went from 70 and sunny to windy and cool, to rain, to hail/snow and back to 70 and sunny all in the span of about 4 hours.  That was fun.  Our motto is if you don't like the weather, wait an hour.  Dress in layers.

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

manxman

QuoteDon't want to make you all feel bad but we are running the A/C as I'm typing this out~~!

Right now Olds is the person I would swap places with, we have been hit by severe gale force 10 gusting storm force 11 with torrential rain over the past few days, I flew back into the island a few days ago and in the small planes that run over her it was interesting to say the least. Some days neither the ferries or planes have gone.

At other times I would love to swap with the guys in Alaska or other cold areas but right now to get away from the cold (ish) wet and windy weather for a week or two, Florida has my vote. :)
Manxman

iceman

I'm with Manx on that one. Let's go visit Old's. I heard he can feed 100 people an hour on the new turbo grill he's got. ;D

Mr Walleye

Who needs air conditioning!  ;D ;D ;D

We were -35 with windchill yesterday. Today it's a nice -21 here in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.

Let's just say my central air unit is covered up for winter!  ??? ???

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

boxertrio

20 now...0 tonite...3" ice on everything with sleet comin down in sheets....6-12" snow tonight and tomorrow.  Yesterday was 71 and sunny...god I love Missouri ;D
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

Wildcat

Quote from: iceman on November 30, 2006, 09:10:32 AM
I'm with Manx on that one. Let's go visit Old's. I heard he can feed 100 people an hour on the new turbo grill he's got. ;D

Pensacola, Florida is on the way to Olds from your place Iceman.  Stop by on the way down and have a couple of cold brews.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

MallardWacker

It started out at 70 and now it's forty something headed for 29, freek'n raining all day and turning to something called a "Wintery Mix" later on...Just west of Little Rock.  But for us duck swatters...love it!

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

MWS

Pretty dang cold, lotsa snow....... -5 C but starting to warm up :-\
Fraser Valley B.C.

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

West Coast Kansan

mws, looks cold, but kind of homey - somehow  :-\

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Kummok

21°F and blowing snow...FINALLY!! Snowmachine is gassed and the 22 lever action is loaded....looks like ptarmigan will be "invited" for Christmas dinner after all! More Snow! More Snow! More Snow!