new stainless

Started by drslyr4, December 30, 2006, 07:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drslyr4

Well just got this new stainless smoker and I thought I would like it. I've smoked over wood for over 20 years. Unfortunatly I could not get it to work. The power lights do not come on. I checked the cord and its fine. Tried three different outlets still no luck. The fuse is OK. It not the digital model so I'm at a loss. Spent a pretty penny on it and nothing. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what. Followed the Set up direction exactly. Is there some trick or something you must do with a new smoker to get the power light on. I left it plugged in but nothing happened. Any help would be appreciated.

Gizmo

Don't despair.  There are many here that will help you get to the problem.  I have a digital so I am not sure of the controls on the original style controls.  If the folks here can't help, a call to Bradley will certainly solve the problem.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Arcs_n_Sparks

drslyr4,

Welcome. Pretty surprising that you do not even get the pilot light on. Not sure if you're inclined to open the smoke generator up and see if one of the push-on connectors is not making up. Otherwise, call Bradley for a new smoke generator.

Arcs_n_Sparks

drslyr4

I was about ready to open it up, but didn't want to void any warrenty. I tried to plug into both the generator and the smokehouse and no light any where. Like I say I did check the cord and it work good. Must be something internally.

West Coast Kansan

Unplug before you look.  We had a xmas present reported to not work earlier today and found out the chineese folks do the fastening and routing after they make connections.  A n S is likely correct with the wire pulled loose somewhere.  Call Bradley and let them know its broke in any case.  They have lots of new ones to send out it seems.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: drslyr4 on December 30, 2006, 08:03:20 PM
I was about ready to open it up, but didn't want to void any warrenty. I tried to plug into both the generator and the smokehouse and no light any where. Like I say I did check the cord and it work good. Must be something internally.

Well, my S.S. didn't have any seals on the generator, so hard to void the warranty if you take a peek. If you plug the box directly into an outlet, it should get hot (no lights associated with the box). At least that will test the outlet.

Arcs_n_Sparks

West Coast Kansan

Slider to the right or does that matter? Sorry, I'm digital - just hate out of box failures!

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

Arcs_n_Sparks

WKC,

I assumed drslyr4 has an Original BS in S.S.; that could be a bad assumption. If it's the digital unit; he should still be able to plug the box into an outlet and see that it gets hot and the outlet is working.

If it's the Original, plugging in the smoke generator lights a pilot light. Flipping the power switch lights the switch light. He can also plug the box directly into an outlet and get the heating element running to verify the outlet.

Arcs_n_Sparks

West Coast Kansan

No, your right sparky he says it is NOT a digital.  I was looking at an old post question on the heater lights talking about the light being brighter as the slider moved to the right.  Power Light is the way it reads. You origional guys just got too many lights... 

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: West Coast Kansan on December 30, 2006, 08:56:50 PM
You origional guys just got too many lights... 

How else are you going to see your drink??????  :D :D :D

Yes, the Original has a pilot light and a lighted switch (both on the generator), and a light on the box that varies in brightness depending upon the slider position. With the smoke generator plugged into a live outlet, the pilot light should be on. With the box plugged directly into an outlet, the box light should vary in intensity depending upon the slider position.

Arcs_n_Sparks

West Coast Kansan

:D
Good point, that girly green/blue glow off the digital is a little weak, but then I do most of my best drinking in the dark anyway.  ::)  :D

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum.  Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Call Bradley.  I have the original in Stainless also and have not had any problems.  Even Bradley is subject to have an occassional lemon.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

drslyr4

It is an original SS. I did plug the unit directly into the outlet, if fact several outlets to make sure it wasn't an outlet problem. I plugged both the generator and the smokehouse into an outlet and nothing. I did move the sliders and no light anywhere. I have plans right now but will remove the cover and take a peek inside to see if anything is wrong. It is strange not to even get a light. It was brand new and sealed in the box. That's why I thought I was not doing something right. I'm start9ing to think I just had a lemon out of the box.

Oldman

Have no worries... Bradley stands behind their product.  Give them a call.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

drslyr4

I took it apart and found the wires off on the main power source. Now it working. Will have to find something to smoke this week. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for everyone's help.