• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Can't get to recipe site? Or Join the Chat....

Started by Oldman, January 16, 2007, 06:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

Cyber - I did not notice anything on my e-mail this morning.  Of course I do delete all e-mail that looks suspect.  Although I do have a commercial grade virus program, I do not want to chance opening something I am unsure of.  If you send me something, be sure to make it obvious like putting something in the subject line that will let me know who it is from.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Oldman

Wildcat,

I think I did this correctly... I have manually added you. When you get a chance go see if you can log on the recipe site and then get into the chatroom.

Now when you go to chat DO NOT USE the "FLOAT" OPTION. The reason is if your Java is not up to speed and you use the regular join chat option you will be redirected to a download area where you can download the current Java script.

Let us know.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Wildcat

Thanks Olds.  I think it worked.  Now I will just have to learn how to get around and use it.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

hillbillysmoker

I experience exactly the same thing as Wildcat including the promised email message.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Cyber Dude

I will look into making sure the e-mail system is working.  I will let you know from that site if it is not and is then fixed.

West Coast Kansan

Guys, I had the same thing happen to me. Olds noticed I had not responded and fixed it for me by whatever he does.  The problem is my spam filter caught the email and put it in the spam folder.  When aol reminds me to look i do look as senders and topics.  There it was all along. But had already been completed by olds

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

macattak

This newbie can't get to the recipes using either Firefox or IE.  I cleared the temp files and deleted the cookies several times.  No luck.

Oldman

Quote from: macattak on January 19, 2007, 07:34:37 PM
This newbie can't get to the recipes using either Firefox or IE.  I cleared the temp files and deleted the cookies several times.  No luck.

Interesting as no one has to be a member to view the reciepes. Only have to be a member to post or go to chat. Clear your cookie and temp again then click on the smoker below here. The addy it takes you to is the correct one.

EDIT: I just looked and I cannot see anything on our end that is stopping you for joining in. Maybe CD can figure it out.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

LilSmoker

Well isn't it ironic , i can get on the site, straight into chat, speak in chat etc, but as i posted earlier tuesday evening chat is difficult for us u.k. guys coz of time difference, maybe i'll go talk to myself one evening? haha! or manx, me and few other uk members could have a lil'party ;D

Anyway i'm using IE 7, works good for me  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

macattak

I'm a member, I just haven't posted yet.  :)  I tried again this am and I got in just fine.

Cyber Dude

Everything should be fine now.  Activation e-mails were sent to all that have not activated membership.  Let me know if you did not get it.

iceman

Quote from: LilSmoker on January 20, 2007, 07:42:24 AM
Well isn't it ironic , i can get on the site, straight into chat, speak in chat etc, but as i posted earlier tuesday evening chat is difficult for us u.k. guys coz of time difference, maybe i'll go talk to myself one evening? haha! or manx, me and few other uk members could have a lil'party ;D

Anyway i'm using IE 7, works good for me  ;)
Try it around 5 p.m. or later your time and I'll try to log in early morning my time and chat from work. Don't know about the firewalls though. I think I'm 9 hours away from you. 8 a.m = 5 p.m. your time. ???

Oldman

One of the problems I believe is the fact that we have a deli SSL server which is new for us. However, the one thing I'm learned about CD over the years that is does not take him long to figure things out. At the time of this posting I believe he has everything running as it should be.

In fact as of January of this year we increase his "pay" by 33.3% per month... monies well spent. (He did not ask... it was Susan and my decision.)

Coming soon is our own upload area for our images... stay tuned.....  ;D Soon you will be able to show off your own pulled pork "butt."~~!